Most Dangerous Cities in The World

And here we thought, we are all surviving a crime ridden city

Thank you for this informative post. I am still very concerned about the bird poop scam.

I wonder if Business Insider saw the list before they wrote the article, they state:

None of the top 50 was in Europe or Asia, despite great unrest in those regions.

And yet #44 is Mosul, Iraq. Do they think Iraq is NOT in Asia?

Ceviche said:
And here we thought, we are all surviving a crime ridden city

The stats are according to how high the murder rate is. Which in Argentina is not that high, thankfully.

Doesn't mean crime doesn't exist.

nicoenarg said:
And yet #44 is Mosul, Iraq. Do they think Iraq is NOT in Asia?

I think they presume that the Middle East is a Continent of its own

As a afterthought, the report is very wrongly headed. It should be called " city with highest murders".

Just today, i was reading somewhere about high number of rapes in South east Asia. And no South east Asian city is mentioned.

Of course there is crime in Buenos Aires, but it is still a very safe city--I mean, safer than Baltimore.
I spent one night in Guatemala City. EVERYONE I met told me not to be on the streets at night. EVERY store had an armed guard in front, with a machine gun. I was very scared.
I don´t think anyone here would say "don´t go out at night".
The media plays into this a lot, there are definately more crime stories here. I lived in New York City. I once saw a shooting victim (dead) while entering the subway. Didn´t even make the papers. . .

Montauk_Project said:
Of course there is crime in Buenos Aires, but it is still a very safe city--I mean, safer than Baltimore.
I spent one night in Guatemala City. EVERYONE I met told me not to be on the streets at night. EVERY store had an armed guard in front, with a machine gun. I was very scared.
I don´t think anyone here would say "don´t go out at night".
The media plays into this a lot, there are definately more crime stories here. I lived in New York City. I once saw a shooting victim (dead) while entering the subway. Didn´t even make the papers. . .

While I don't doubt that someone was probably shot to death...I doubt very much that it didn't make any newspaper whatsoever. Probably not the one you read, but I am sure it made it into the paper.

As for the rest of your comment....YAWN!

No one says that Buenos Aires is the most dangerous city in the world. Is Buenos Aires safe, then? No!

Back