Most Dangerous Cities In The World

We all have our perceptions of reality, all opinions are valid and deserve uttermost consideration, Not necessary to retort.

This is true, opinion is subjective. Statistically (i.e. objectively) speaking Buenos Aires is not one of the 20 most dangerous cities when using the likelihood of suffering a violent and/or fatal assualt as the most important metric. Perceptions are often divorced from reality.

Well we have heard nothing but be aware of pickpocketing/robbery since we arrived. And today we were just of Plaza de Mayo, and had come out of Libreria de Avila on Bolivar and turn down a quiet street, when a couple came up behind us, they looked like tourist as they were carrying a map. Next thing felt something wet fall on me, and heard of this scam, my husband just turned without panicking and I crossed the road. The couple then went on as if looking for somewhere and then I taxi came and they got into it. I'm sure if we had made a fuss they would have been all over us and try to pick our wallets. I was more annoyed that are day was ruined as we were going to go to the Spanish festival, but our clothes were badly soiled and had to go back to apartment. I certainly don't see Buenos Aires as a dangerous city, but its the petty crime which is a big issue.

This is true, opinion is subjective. Statistically (i.e. objectively) speaking Buenos Aires is not one of the 20 most dangerous cities when using the likelihood of suffering a violent and/or fatal assualt as the most important metric. Perceptions are often divorced from reality.

Very true as Ministra Garre and Senator Fernandez said, the Insecurity in Argentina is a Sensation...!!

Very true as Ministra Garre and Senator Fernandez said, the Insecurity in Argentina is a Sensation...!!

Hello apple, meet mr orange....insecurity is real however as the even the dogs on the street know , this phrase is not specifically used in ref: to violent crimes.

Hello apple, meet mr orange....insecurity is real and refers to pickpockets, break ins and general thievery!...not specifically violent crimes.
O common don't bring this here, no one is with the government here or i hope so. Subjectively speaking i have never suffer any insecurity issue in this city and i have been here for 8 years neither my friends ''well no more than a cel phone lost (pickpocketed probably) 4 years ago, so if i have to apply a subjective opinion i could make a statement like 'buenos aires was more unsafe 4 years ago because i got pick pocketed or Buenos Aires is more safe than paris and rome'' where in less than a year i got stolen, but i know that my opinion is not valid if i don't get objective information to support that so in other words: subjective opinions don't make to the true.
I agree that there is more thievery or at least is look like that i need real information about that to confirm it anyway but we know that there are lot of thievery crimes not reported so difficult to confirm or to disregard that one, but murder rate is well known and almost 100% accurate so in the second case i can confirm that murder rate is low here and more important i can be objetive by comfirming it.

The issues that concern the most to Argentinians by large are Inflation and Insecurity 8N. Surveys by Mexican Think Tanks* are of some relative interest, to me :D (). Have no basis to compare, only know the local reality.

*Earlier, this year, a Mexican think tank — the Citizens' Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice — released a study ranking the world's most violent cities in 2011, and the results were astonishing

The issues that concern the most to Argentinians by large are Inflation and Insecurity 8N. Surveys by Mexican Think Tanks* are of some relative interest, to me :D (). Have no basis to compare, only know the local reality.

*Earlier, this year, a Mexican think tank — the Citizens' Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice — released a study ranking the world's most violent cities in 2011, and the results were astonishing

Addenda; My local reality is based on reading Clarin (Magneto) and the national TV , Did I witness violent acts,,, NO! Maybe I will start reading Tiempo Argentino. I will let You know ....!!

Clarin reports in today's issue that a recent opinion poll reveals that over 80 % of the Argentineans are worried about insecurity. Is the number ONE Concern followed by Inflation, employment and corruption.

http://www.clarin.com/politica/Gobierno-ocupa-debe-problemas_0_821317918.html

Back