Most Traditional City

fschmidt said:
I talked to a conservative looking women who works for LAN Airlines today about the obvious signs of cultural decay that I see Bariloche.

Gee, I wonder if that woman had any body piercings or tattoos concealed under that lovely, smart, conservative LAN uniform. Are you looking for conservative minded people or conservative dressers?

The problem about the 'Most Charming Small Towns' is that only Salta fits in with "I would prefer a city of at least 100,000 [inhabitants]"

Joe said:
How about a conservative kibbutz in Israel?

I like Joe's idea but if that doesn't fly how about -

North Korea - (cut a deal with the Gov BEFORE you get there)

Saudi Arabia - No Tattoo's here, I mean, woman can't even effing drive, forget about ink

Iraq (Green Zone) - Part of the USA's newest land grab - probably full of rules and regulations just like I suspect you like it.....

fschmidt said:
What is the city with the most traditional people in Argentina? I am looking for a place where tattoos, body piercings, and pants that appear to be falling down are as rare as possible. A place where tradition is preferred to "progressive" ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It doesn't exist. I also like that in BA you see the older men all dressed up and fewer people looking like slobs like you get in most American cities. But your children will grow up among young people.

You're concerned about cosmetic matters that won't really affect anything. If you dress your kids up conservative and they actually adopt that style and manner the only result will be they won't be able to get any girls. The only way to get around it is to have them dedicate themselves to a sport and be very serious about it. I've noticed that adolescents who do this naturally avoid the freakiest parts of modern "style" and still manage to do well socially. You have to see that the reason most boys follow the new "style" is because they want to get girls.

I myself think that everything that has come after 1789 is bad, but there's no way to put a check on modern decadence. Instead, we must help accelerate it and welcome the new era of barbarism that will revitalize us!

Buenos Aires is in many ways a lot more "decadent" than any American cities...in American cities most of the "hedonism" is for show, but here it's real. There are certain suburbs in the US where your kids could grow up a lot more "conservative" than anywhere in BA, and you can also home-school them anyway.

You can also check out Montevideo.

Uruguay just passes an adoption for gay couples bill, so i guess Montevideo is out of the question.:D

Thanks jojo123, I agree most of what you wrote. I understand that boys follow the new "style" to get girls. Poor taste is generally a symptom of women getting too much power. If I don't find anything reasonable in Argentina, I may choose to live in some more rural area in Mexico, away from people in general.

We are in Mendoza at the moment, which is better than Buenos Aires, Parana, and Bariloche, but still not good enough. I was in Mendoza one year ago and I see many changes. This is subjective and somewhat effected by luck, but still. Last year I saw no metal on faces. Now I see a lot. Last year, no fat people. Now quite a number. Last year the flight served cookies made with butter. Now margarine. Last year butter or olive oil served with bread at restaurants. Now some mayonnaise based poison. Last year, consistently good meat. The one meal in Mendoza so far, the meat was poor. Some of this may have been chance, but not all. Things seem to be decaying rapidly.

We did meet a group of highschool kids from Santiago del Estero who seemed civilized. We will check out 3 more places in Argentina: San Rafael, Salta, and Santiago del Estero

And fedecc, I support gay marriage. Try not to think one dimensionally.

Gays yes, fatties no.

Poor taste is generally a symptom of women getting too much power.

Going to Mexico? Ciudad Juarez might be more your style.

Back