Moving back to UK - getting house sale funds from Arg -> UK

EnCòrdoba

Registered
Hello! I think this is quite a common question, but I couldn’t find much recent info searching the forum

So, moving back to UK after 15 years in Arg. In the process of selling house here, not hugely expensive, but still about $35-40k dollars to take back.

What’s the best way to get the money from Arg to UK account? I see bank transfers are theoretically possible, but very complicated and basically impossible these last 2 years, even with the deed of sale/proof of funds.

Is travelling with the cash the only way? We’re 2 adults and 2 kids, so $30k allowance in total (10k per adult, 5k per child), so we'd have to either do 2 trips, or pay a friend/relative to come with us.

Any bright ideas?

Thanks in advance!

i believe the limit is 10,000.00 per family. you could go on differet flights. thats 20,000. friend on same flight with one of you should work. cueva is second option. think its been mentioned on the site. last is to find a fellow UK person to give the money to here, and have him transfer money to your account. UK to UK. the amount is probably perfect for someone from the UK to want in arg. good luck

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk. Taking cash in and out of Great Britain

"You must declare cash of £10,000 or more to UK customs if you’re carrying it between Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and a country outside the UK. If you’re travelling as a family or group with more than £10,000 in total (even if individuals are carrying less than that) you still need to make a declaration."

More information at the web site, including how to make an excessive cash declaration either before boarding or at arrival.

Try with the people in BANCO PIANO, they are experts in fund transters.They are in San Martin St in down town.
Expect a 3 % commision or so.

You can find U.K./EU buyer so they can deposit directly to your U.K. Account.

Hi how are you? you can contact me and I can take care of half of that for you right away.

Back