Moving money in & out between us

El manolo

Registered
Does anyone have pesos or USD they want to send out of the country?

I would take cash here and send you a wire abroad ( I have accounts in the US and the Caribbean).

It's impossible to get big amounts from WU, they blocked me. I've been using Moneygram to send money Directly to my Banco Santander account but I am category D of Monotributo so I can't send much to my account here.

Purchase some USDT or USDC in the US and then cash that out at a cueva in town. Good way to move funds in and out

If you have your own account - on your name - abroad and declared I don't see why you couldn't wire USDs to yourself directly to your local Santander account in dollars through home banking instead of WU. So far I didn't have any problems with amount limits.

If you have your own account - on your name - abroad and declared I don't see why you couldn't wire USDs to yourself directly to your local Santander account in dollars through home banking instead of WU. So far I didn't have any problems with amount limits.
If you wire directly from your american bank account to your argentine bank account do you get the official rate or close to the blue rate?

Purchase some USDT or USDC in the US and then cash that out at a cueva in town. Good way to move funds in and out
Is a SSN required to buy USDT? I don't have any experience with Crypto.

Do they always have cash when you try to withdraw the money in USD from the bank? I bet they don't have USD ATM here.
Also, I am talking about 150 000 USD that I am trying to get in small amounts (2000/5000/10000 USD). The point is not sending too much via the system. Else, I'll have to pay impuesto bienes personales on money I made abroad and before being an Arg. Tax resident.

Is a SSN required to buy USDT? I don't have any experience with Crypto.
Yes SSN is required in America. Registering on a crypto exchange is the same as opening a bank account or stock brokerage account. They have to verify your personal info

If you wire directly from your american bank account to your argentine bank account do you get the official rate or close to the blue rate?
I am able to transfer USdollars from my US account to my local bank account in USdollars.

Do they always have cash when you try to withdraw the money in USD from the bank? I bet they don't have USD ATM here.
Also, I am talking about 150 000 USD that I am trying to get in small amounts (2000/5000/10000 USD). The point is not sending too much via the system. Else, I'll have to pay impuesto bienes personales on money I made abroad and before being an Arg. Tax resident.C
For that kind of figures you would have to check with your bank's office of Comercio Exterior to find out the regulations. They should be able to tell you. On the other hand, I referred to "declared money"; otherwise, you should use other methods.

For that kind of figures you would have to check with your bank's office of Comercio Exterior to find out the regulations. They should be able to tell you. On the other hand, I referred to "declared money"; otherwise, you should use other methods.
I am trying to add my Santander account to my Bank of Ametica account for international wires but neither the CBU nor the Santander number works. The Swift code is correct. Do you use CBU or account number to send USD to your local Arg. Account?

Back