Moving to Argentina how do I keep a US phone number?

my pixel is one esim, and one physical sim.

I didn't think the Arg carriers worked with esim?
Same for me. I use Pixel with esim from T-Mobile with free international roaming and physical sim with personal. I'm now still using the same set up in US and still (surprisingly) get mfa for personal. I just leave both on and it's been a year. Half time in US and half time in BA. Not issues on either side.

Anveo if you need SMS 2FA/Zelle from short codes. VoIP.ms for another option (no SMS from short codes).

I only use it to get bank text verifications...mint mobile is $15 a month...ultra mobile which doesn't work is $3 a month, lol...
I was in Buenos Aires a few weeks ago and I can confirm that I could receive calls and SMSs with Mint (I too needed for home banking). I could also make calls to the US and Europe using the International wallet, although it is quite expensive.

Thanks, but is it connecting to the local cell towers? Does it say something like your Mint Mobile sim card is now connected to Movistar network?
Most USA MVNOs don't roam oversea
It is connecting by cell towers.

Does anyone have experience keeping a Mint Mobile subscription going while down here? I got one last time I Was in the US for work and I was hoping to keep it active here for things like bank texts, etc. Any thoughts?
Do it all the time through the Mint app.

Where would I port my number to though, so that the US plan wouldn’t cancel after 6 months? Have you heard anything about google voice numbers? I was thinking about porting my number to them.
Usually if you top up credit every few months the number won't cancel

Google Fi is your answer.
With Movistars Global Plan + Google, Fi I receive calls, messages, SMS codes, anywhere in the world.
When Google Fi saw that I was out of the country too much they cancelled my 'roaming data' but I am still able to receive 2FA-SMS codes, through them, anywhere in the world.
Google Fi works best with a Google Pixel phone and it must be activated in the US. Other phones may have difficulty connecting Google Fi to foreign cell services.
On a recent trip to the US I upgraded to a $400 Google Pixel 7. It's an excellent dual sim phone.
I put Google Fi on my Esim solely for SMS codes. They gave me a U.S. phone number.
I put a physical Movistar sim card in the other slot for calls, messages, data, etc.

I kept my former landline number through Vonage for the past 6 years in Argentina

Back