Moving to Argentina within 3-4 months!

rosstheexpat

Registered
Greetings,
My name is Ross and I am an American. I will be moving to Argentina within the next 3 - 4 months. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am currently looking for a place to stay in Buenos Aires for the first month or two, then I will pretty much go wherever job goes.

Please share your experience and advice!! I gladly appreciate it!

- Ross

Hi.. let me ask you something... are you looking for a long term stay and job??... in that case, you have to find out in the locals newspaper, for example: www.clarin.com

have a nice stay, regards

rosstheexpat said:
Greetings,
My name is Ross and I am an American. I will be moving to Argentina within the next 3 - 4 months. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am currently looking for a place to stay in Buenos Aires for the first month or two, then I will pretty much go wherever job goes.

Please share your experience and advice!! I gladly appreciate it!

- Ross

What job are you referring to? One you already have or one you hope to find?

If it's the former you will get lots of positive responses here.

If it's the latter you are probably going to be dissapointed on many levels.

I am looking for a long term stay in Argentina. I will be looking for a job once I get there (and yes I am aware of the job situation). I have saved up enough to last me for a year or more - should be plenty of time to find something!

If you have any other advice please share!

There is really no answer to your question, as everyone lives differently. Some eat mostly at home, others only eat at restaurants, taxi or bus? and on and on. Regardless of how much money you've saved, it probably won't be enough. Even though you speak perfect Spanish (you do speak Spanish?), and know all about work visas, getting a job may be difficult. More research, my boy.

rosstheexpat said:
How much can I expect to spend on a monthly basis? How much do you guys spend?
I would say you'll probably spend a minimum of 1250 dollars a month and that is bare bones rice and beans type living hermit type living. There are a million threads about budgets on here. Do a search

PhilipDT said:
I would say you'll probably spend a minimum of 1250 dollars a month and that is bare bones rice and beans type living hermit type living. There are a million threads about budgets on here. Do a search

Haha! Where do you eat out?

Ross, I get by just fine on a little over 800$ a month. Including Rent, phone, Aerial Silk(Tela) classes twice a week, groceries, and yes even have enough money to eat out and buy ,on occasion, a few new articles of clothing. I work for pesos and therefore have to be very careful with every centavo but I would say I live comfortably. It is all apart of the adventure. I also dont drink, so that helps out the budget a lot I would assume.

Back