Moving To Bsas In June!!!

oanaflorina

Registered
Hello everybody!
I joined this group a little while ago and as my big moving to BsAs is approaching I decided it was time I had introduced myself :)
I’m Romanian, but have been living in Budapest for the past 4 years. Last year I took some time off from my studies and traveled to Latin America. I fell in love with Buenos Aires and decided I want to live there for a while. I am currently doing a PhD in Political Philosophy here in Budapest, but academic life doesn’t suit me very well so I am planning to drop out and pursue my childhood dream, which is to become a pastry chef. I know it sounds silly put this way, but it’s actually true :D
I’ve been following the posts on the forums and I have to say this group is an immensely valuable resource for anyone planning to move to BsAs. So thank you guys and I am looking forward to becoming part of the BsAs expat community for real, not just online :)
Cheers!

Welcome to the group. I'm quite new myself and already have found it quite useful for making relocation plans. Lots of accumulated knowledge from all current members.

P.S.: It's not silly to pursue one's dreams. I just completed my PhD and it took a lot of will for me to stay and finish, but it takes as much (or even more) courage to let go of it having found a more meaningful dream to pursue. Kudos to you, and good luck in your new career path.

Welcome to the group. I'm quite new myself and already have found it quite useful for making relocation plans. Lots of accumulated knowledge from all current members.

P.S.: It's not silly to pursue one's dreams. I just completed my PhD and it took a lot of will for me to stay and finish, but it takes as much (or even more) courage to let go of it having found a more meaningful dream to pursue. Kudos to you, and good luck in your new career path.

I don't know if it's courage or madness (or may be they are just the same), but I haven't been so excited about something in years. It does take a lot of strength and dedication to get through a PhD and unless you are super passionate about your subject you will give up at some point. So you must have been really passionate about yours, which is something to be admired. I'm also passionate about Philosophy, it's just that I realized I could serve it better by making cakes than by studying it :D
Thanks for the encouragement and good luck to you too!

Hello and welcome! When are you arriving to the city? You could let us try one of your pastry’s maybe you get your clients right here ;)

I'm also in the process of doing a PhD in (political) philosophy... at McGill in Montreal... and I just drag my books around with me. Good luck though! I think you are doing the right thing and wish I had thought of it earlier =)

Hello everybody!
I joined this group a little while ago and as my big moving to BsAs is approaching I decided it was time I had introduced myself :)
I’m Romanian, but have been living in Budapest for the past 4 years. Last year I took some time off from my studies and traveled to Latin America. I fell in love with Buenos Aires and decided I want to live there for a while. I am currently doing a PhD in Political Philosophy here in Budapest, but academic life doesn’t suit me very well so I am planning to drop out and pursue my childhood dream, which is to become a pastry chef. I know it sounds silly put this way, but it’s actually true :D
I’ve been following the posts on the forums and I have to say this group is an immensely valuable resource for anyone planning to move to BsAs. So thank you guys and I am looking forward to becoming part of the BsAs expat community for real, not just online :)
Cheers!

I gave up investment banking to move here after spending a month or 2 a year here for 17 years. I've been here for 4 years now and love every moment of it! Also decided that food was my passion and am currently doing a 2 year chef course at the Instituto Argentino de Gastronomia.Very good (and very cheap) in terms of teaching techniques (flavours are another matter). They also run pure pastry making courses which are well respected and would vastly facilitate you getting work here. Give me a shout if you need further info.

G'luck with the move!
I'm also studying towards my PhD (enviro. policy)... the fallback plan might be ski instructing. Let's grab vino or dessert (or both) when you've settled

Back