Moving To Buenos Aires For Med School

When i get sick in Argentina, as long as it is not too serious i wait until i am back in Australia or at work in South Africa to see a doctor or a dentist etc.My mother inlaw suffered some very serious burns last year - the doctor in the burns ward told her to put vaseline on it. They don't make good things in Argentina - and that includes Doctors. Even if you have a lot of money you can't buy a first world education or first world health care or first world anything there. Argentines will tell you that you can - but that is because they don't know what a first world education/doctor/service/product looks like.

When i get sick in Argentina, as long as it is not too serious i wait until i am back in Australia or at work in South Africa to see a doctor or a dentist etc.My mother inlaw suffered some very serious burns last year - the doctor in the burns ward told her to put vaseline on it. They don't make good things in Argentina - and that includes Doctors. Even if you have a lot of money you can't buy a first world education or first world health care or first world anything there. Argentines will tell you that you can - but that is because they don't know what a first world education/doctor/service/product looks like.

I have had fantastic medical care here in Buenos Aires. Including a 5 day hospital stay, I've been very impressed.

I have also had a horrible experience at my small town hospital back home where I was judged for getting my extreme chemical burns in a drunk state, as if I deserved what I got and was told to go home and use neosporin. We went to a big city hospital and were told I would have ended up with my entire back being infected and a painful recovery had I listened to them. So there's great and there's bad everywhere.

Your statement must be a joke . Its a bad joke!

I have taken treatment here for 5 years with zero complaints towards the medical system. If I fall sick in US, I wait to return to BA for treatment.

T

Errr..had to do a little edit job there. I was referring to the original article posted. It was very well written in right on point. Hybrid is an idiot. lol

Hey Hey hey, hold your horses Mistah...Don't start callin' people idiots..Not too nice comin' from a gentlemen like you.!

During this long process I met many other bright and talented foreign docs who didn't pass the exam and got to deliver pizzas for a living. Even if they wanted to they could not take lesser positions such as nurse practitioner, the system prevents this. The whole process sucks and you will gain a first hand vision of what a useless retrograde organization the AMA really is. Be supportive, she will need it.

Correct, so we figured that she could work at a lesser position, such as a nurse or whatnot, but no...you have to have a license for that. In order to get a license you have to go to school for 2 years and she's already gone to school for 12 in addition to her residency. You need a license for this, you need a license for that. It's just a no win situation if you've been educated abroad despite the fact that I'm sure she could run circles around a lot of folks here in the US. She can't even be a doctor's assistant because that too requires a license. It's just sad.

Anyhow, my wife won't be delivering any pizzas, I promise you that. Looks like we'll be starting another business...at least those licenses we can buy.

Has be a troll.

Correct, so we figured that she could work at a lesser position, such as a nurse or whatnot, but no...you have to have a license for that. In order to get a license you have to go to school for 2 years and she's already gone to school for 12 in addition to her residency. You need a license for this, you need a license for that. It's just a no win situation if you've been educated abroad despite the fact that I'm sure she could run circles around a lot of folks here in the US. She can't even be a doctor's assistant because that too requires a license. It's just sad.

Anyhow, my wife won't be delivering any pizzas, I promise you that. Looks like we'll be starting another business...at least those licenses we can buy.
My wife didn't either. Excellent move on the business. Screw the AMA they are a bunch of self righteous f...tards. OK. Now have her sit back and watch the fun. In 4 years they will be kissing her ass and begging her to jump on board.

Mils_sal: This is what you need for your student visa to study at the medical school in Buenos Aires.

Argentinian Student Visa Requirements for US Citizens:

A valid passport and visa are required for study.

1 Passport Requirements:
Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay, with at least one blank visa page available for visa stamp(s). Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa stamps.

2 Argentinian Visa Application Form: the link is noted above.
One signed Argentina visa application form plus one copy.
Improperly completed Argentina visa application forms may delay the processing of your Argentina visa.

3 Photo Requirements:
One recent 2 x 2 passport type photograph, in color, front view and with a plain/white background.

OR - you can upload a passport photo to the Global Service Order Form when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.

4 Other Forms:
Approval from Immigration Offices in Argentina. (If specified in the approval, proof that applicant has knowledge of Spanish required to take classes in Argentina.)

5 Official Invitation from Argentina:
Original letter of acceptance from school/university in Argentina.

Back