Multi-year Spanish School; Citizenship

chrab

Registered
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a multi-year Spanish school program (as in, learning to speak Spanish fluently)? Most of the courses/majors I've seen are short, 6 month to 1 years study programs, but nothing that would qualify for a multi-year visa. I'm looking to eventually gain citizenship. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for schools/programs. Thanks!

Well, that's not an even remotely helpful response, moreover, it has nothing to do with my question. If I wanted to apply for a multi-year school, I'd need to find a school in advance (you know, plan ahead?).

I was wondering if anyone knew of a multi-year Spanish school program (as in, learning to speak Spanish fluently)? Most of the courses/majors I've seen are short, 6 month to 1 years study programs, but nothing that would qualify for a multi-year visa. I'm looking to eventually gain citizenship.

Migraciones does not grant "muti-year" student visas. You will have to renew the temporary student visa (at least) on an annual basis and then apply for citizenship after you have been in Argentina for at least one year (if not two).

Well, that's not an even remotely helpful response, moreover, it has nothing to do with my question. If I wanted to apply for a multi-year school, I'd need to find a school in advance (you know, plan ahead?).
Welcome to argentina. First thing you'll learn is that most people aren't helpful and planning ahead beyond a month or so doesn't exist here.

This lesson was free, enjoy.

Welcome to argentina. First thing you'll learn is that most people aren't helpful and planning ahead beyond a month or so doesn't exist here.

This lesson was free, enjoy.

That's all fine and good, most of the world doesn't plan ahead for anything. But I fail to see what "try in a couple of years", has anything to do with whether there's any multi-year Spanish courses. But if your goal is to sound edgy, you certainly have achieved that.

Migraciones does not grant "muti-year" student visas. You will have to renew the temporary student visa (at least) on an annual basis and then apply for citizenship after you have been in Argentina for at least one year (if not two).

Thanks stevinbsas. I was under this belief too, that visas need to be annually renewed, and I wouldn't be able to simply get a 3 or 4 year visa. I thought this was the case, but wasn't certain. I guess my interest/concern was actually having a full Spanish-lesson course load for 3 years (not a 3 year visa), so that I could renew it every year. Most schools I've seen are just 6 month study abroad programs, maybe 1 year, which is obviously insufficient.

There's no university-level Spanish language school for which you would qualify for a student visa - the Argentine school system presumes native-level Spanish for all courses aside from the odd business or science course, or English courses. I think I know what you're looking for - something like those English language schools that Asian kids use to scam student visas in America/Canada/Australia/UK, or the Alliance Francaise school in Paris (or Paris IV, for that matter). That's not something I've ever heard of in Buenos Aires, let alone Argentina. You might be able to cobble together a year's worth of courses from one of the many private schools, but I don't know how that would look for a getting a visa, as you're not going to have terms, and Argentine visa granters are pretty by the book.

If you're trying to move to Argentina for citizenship (from Africa or something, I'm guessing?), then it would be a lot easier and probably cheaper to do it by spending a few months to intensively study Spanish in your home country, and then to apply for a regular university slot. If you've already gone to school, apply to get a master's degree.

There's no university-level Spanish language school for which you would qualify for a student visa - the Argentine school system presumes native-level Spanish for all courses aside from the odd business or science course, or English courses. I think I know what you're looking for - something like those English language schools that Asian kids use to scam student visas in America/Canada/Australia/UK, or the Alliance Francaise school in Paris (or Paris IV, for that matter). That's not something I've ever heard of in Buenos Aires, let alone Argentina. You might be able to cobble together a year's worth of courses from one of the many private schools, but I don't know how that would look for a getting a visa, as you're not going to have terms, and Argentine visa granters are pretty by the book.

If you're trying to move to Argentina for citizenship (from Africa or something, I'm guessing?), then it would be a lot easier and probably cheaper to do it by spending a few months to intensively study Spanish in your home country, and then to apply for a regular university slot. If you've already gone to school, apply to get a master's degree.

That kinda approximates what I'm looking for. Ultimately it seems the most reasonable route to getting legal residency (temporary), is via the Student visa. Unfortunately I have no patience for going back to school, unless it's something along the lines of formal Spanish studying. I already have a bachelors, and I have about 5 semesters worth of Spanish courses (High School and College - I'm from the EE UU). My Spanish needs work, but it's enough to get by for now.

So I was looking for something that's geared towards learning Spanish, something I could actually justify going back to school for, but would have the requisite number of hours for full time student (12). I've given thought about taking a year-long program and failing just enough classes so that I could extend/retake them over another year, but I'm not sure if that would just cause the university to drop me and report me to migraciones. It was just a thought (and I'm assuming, unrealistic).

On the options for student visa they have 365+ listed. Does immigration just ignore that option?

Maybe the "+" means it's renewable annually, whereas the others are for fixed amounts of time that require whole new visa applications if you need more time. Just a guess.

Back