My Argentinian wife really dislikes the US. Typical of Argentinians?

I prefer Argentina to The U.S. now that I am here, to be honest, I think you will find people who like both, however, considering what I do for work, Argentina is great. By the way, this is in no way an endorsement of Macri.

I seriously doubt that. I imagine Trump sees Macri as just another Mexican.

Maybe, but it’s a pretty known fact that the Macris and the Trumps go way back and have done business together. If you read trump’s circus like tweets he frequently congratulates Macri on his ‘accomplishments’ and gato does the same to Trump

I prefer Argentina to the States in many aspects, I am a US citizen but it’s been awhile since I’ve worked in the US and I am currently living in a ‘red’ state where believe it or not, getting health care has been like asking someone for an arm, and it’s now going on 2 months and I still am without health coverage/access to medication= inhumane, unethical, and just unbelievable pardon my naïveté, but in Argentina I got health care in 1 day and it was excellent (a doctor who had gone to medical school in Connecticut) and the same with Europe, also the extreme political correctness of everything just bugs the heck out of me, but for me staying in Argentina during these troubled times was the equivalent of being in a sort of toxic relationship where you are so attached because of so many fond memories and good times you’ve had yet you know that you need to end it for your own good long-term wise.

I literally left Buenos Aires like a kid who doesn’t want to leave a candy store. Then when I got home to the states and realized that my dry cleaner had been shafting me and that things had been stolen from my suitcase on my flight (the only place it could have occurred was at Ezeiza- I took a direct flight) it reminded me of one of the main things I will NOT miss about BA, the viveza criolla among other things that really impair positive thoughts of life in BA.

I seriously doubt that. I imagine Trump sees Macri as just another Mexican.

This is a silly cliche as Macri and Trump are very good friends and have mutual business interests. Trump and the USA are very interested in Argentina for its incredible natural resources and stategic importance. The USA under Macri watch will create 3 to 4 usa bases in Argentina all in very strategic locations.

http://www.noticiasurbanas.com.ar/n...-militares-de-estados-unidos-en-todo-el-pais/

Last edited:
Macri will be gone hopefully in a year. I am not surprised that the U.S is establishing bases in Argentina, considering that they have them all over the world. I see this as NORMAL U.S. activity. It gives them more power to project their military and economic power throughout the world, and probably to protect some of their assets. I don't necessarily approve of this, however, again, it's not unusual U.S. military activity.

I left the US 3 years ago to avoid the vitriolic political messages thrust in your face all the time. I really hate to see the same on another continent.

I left the US 3 years ago to avoid the vitriolic political messages thrust in your face all the time. I really hate to see the same on another continent.
WOW, cupcake...you should consider how sweet life is in Europe. Or not.

Macri will be gone hopefully in a year. I am not surprised that the U.S is establishing bases in Argentina, considering that they have them all over the world. I see this as NORMAL U.S. activity. It gives them more power to project their military and economic power throughout the world, and probably to protect some of their assets. I don't necessarily approve of this, however, again, it's not unusual U.S. military activity.
Macri will be reelected.

Back