My Bag Stolen

mustafa2017

Registered
Hello there

I just arrived in Buenos Aires and I got my bag stolen on 3 December 2016. I wonder if anybody had a similar experience before, if he could find the bag and how?

Before writing to me please read on...

I got off the bus with 2 big bags (weighting 30 kgs each). I had another 300 meters to go to my hostel so I decided to get help from people. Then I saw these two guys (one boy one girl) and GAVE ONE OF MY BAGS TO THEM and wanted them to wait here for me with the bag. I added I would be back in 10 minutes. They were not English speaking people but I think they understood what I meant.

I took the first bag to my hostel and went back to get the other one but the guys were gone with the bag. I am not sure if they took it with them or left it to some place. Maybe it was not them who took away the bag. Maybe it was someone else, I dont know.

So I immediately went to the police station and told the story. They told me to wait till Monday (it was Saturday that day) until the translator comes and listens my story, translate it to Spanish and then they would let me sign it. Only then they could start the procedure of searching. Searching includes searching the street camera records also.

Pretty stupid of me, I know. Giving my bag to complete strangers. But I wonder if you can give me some advice to speed up the procedure since it is urgent to me.

Any help greatly appreciated. I did not have money in the bag nor valuable things but still it contained things of high value to me (like family pictures). Thanks in advance.

Mustafa

Back