My Citizenship Dni Is Ready And Will Be Delivered Next Week!

Ceviche, that was the law at one time, but it was changed. A lot of the problem is that many lawyers don't seem to know about the change. I don't know when Gabriel told you that if that might have been the case--you did say many years ago.

Law was still the same. Lawyers were lazy and they made more money by making you apply for residency every year, year after year.

I think Gabriel Cerano has improved as a lawyer, Many years ago, he told me the only way to get citizenship is to first become a temporary resident, permant resident and apply for citizenship after 5 years. More power to him, then, that he is on the right track finally.

Went to Cerano as well back in 2010 on the advice of others. He basically told me that i didn't even qualify for a visa and there wasn't anything he could do for me, but if I had come to him in 2007 (when the laws were different/not enforced to the same degree), I could have already had Permanent Residency by then.

Why he thought that someone originally arriving in a country for 2 months of Spanish classes would immediately start a visa process towards permant residency, I still haven't a clue.

After that, I went to see Bajo_cero2 and discussed my situation. He was just starting the battle with the court system to gain citizenship for his clients. I mulled it over for a while and chose to go with him.

I guess that Cerano has ridden the coattails of Bajo's fight and started offering a new service.

Too trust lawyers in this country is a fools paradise . They are all the same with only their interests in hand and to complicate peoples live as to make more money .

Did Gabriel give you a reason that you could not qualify? Things have changed. Length of time in the country is not the only requirement. My son tried to qualify about 6 years ago (not with Gabriel) and could not. This is a major (but not the only) reason for my seeking citizenship. Both of my children want status in Argentina and it is easier for them if they have a first degree relative in the country. In the end, it is up to the judge.

Was Bajo able to get citizenship for you?

Amazing the pro and con emails I am receiving about these two attorneys. Well, my emails about Gabriel have not been negative, just yours and Ceviche's posts so far. I appreciate all of this information since I recommend professionals to subscribers. I don't charge anything but I had so much grief myself that I began what I call a labor of love to help these babes in the woods who are leaving their own country to move to South America. I recommend good people. If there is a problem, so long as the professional is not trying to cheat someone, I will try to help them resolve it. If someone does not deal fairly, then they won't get any recommendation from me. I don't malign anyone's reputation. My most damaging statement is "We are not recommending that person but I can tell you who we do recommend" and people can make what they want of that.

I have told people about Bajo, that people on the forum have been pleased and that he appears to deal mostly with difficult cases (which is my impression) but I contacted him once and he would not give me a price range at all, which led me to believe that he charges each case based on, perhaps what is involved in the case or his own reasons. So while I do mention him I always add that I could not get a price and expense range from him. I just tell people the situation as I see it. Currently I mention no other attorneys except Gabriel and Bajo. One person told me he contacted Bajo and Bajo referred him to a different attorney, instead of getting back with me when Bajo referred him elsewhere, this man did contact Bajo's referenced attorney--and that attorney told him he had to get permanent residency first. So he ended up back with me.

I really appreciate any recommendations from expats or Argentines on this forum. Whether it is accountants, doctors, dentists, attorneys, computer repair people, web site developers. Your recommendations can make a big difference in the lives of someone else. That's how I look at it anyway. My opinion of attorneys in any country is pretty low, but I have a hard time believing that I can't find a single honest person. Maybe I just haven't been damaged enough yet?

I think Arlean you are dead on right. It is something I have always thought about:compiling a list of good providers, handymen, doctors, etc. I know that through the years people on this forum have mentioned a bunch and I have done so myself. That information is indeed valuable. It is good to hear that somebody took the initiative,, even though the influx of expats is much smaller now. It is difficult to get a hold of honest and knowledgeable people in BA, for both expats and porteños alike! I have had some wonderful experiences and really bad ones myself. Living here all your life, helps some but you still run into some horrible experiences as well from time to time.

Nikad, how do people pay you? This is something that has been hard for me to get used to. I had some web site work done and had to either go to San Telmo or the last time he came here to get the money. What a waste of time! This is one of my difficult adjustments here. So much can be done just with a phone call and computer now. Like if I needed you to call someone for me, I could write or email you, you could use the phone, but then there is the challenge of paying!

Nikad, how do people pay you? This is something that has been hard for me to get used to. I had some web site work done and had to either go to San Telmo or the last time he came here to get the money. What a waste of time! This is one of my difficult adjustments here. So much can be done just with a phone call and computer now. Like if I needed you to call someone for me, I could write or email you, you could use the phone, but then there is the challenge of paying!

Hehehe well, I spent a lot of hours in front of my computer as I primarily am a webmaster and do some SEO as well. If the client is abroad or foreign and has Paypal, we go that route. A local money transfer - that is free of charge and instant is always another option. Even a bank deposit from the closest branch office. Every once in a while I run into old school people that like to see your face, talk for a while, etc, and that is fine with me for a change, but if I do it every time with everybody I can´t get any work done ;) Some people like to prepay, they say I will deposit 40$ and then when I need something I don´t have to do it again. I personally never ask for prepays, but once you establish a relationship, it is not like, you need to call someplace and I will not do it unless I get paid right away, etc. Just like sometimes a simple task involves more than one call, but it does nto take long, so I don´t go counting the cents. I developed this idea as a service to cover a need, that I know is out there, but in all honesty the profit was not what I primarily had in mind, as I had helped lots of people through the years just for the sake of it. In reality the prices are more or less symbolic

Napoleon, was Bajo able to get your citizenship? And how long did it take. Do you remember?

Back