My experience extending tourist visitor visa - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

If tomorrow is actually the 90th day (incudling the day you entered) and your tourist permit is good for excatly ninety days (as opposed to "three months"), you will be able to extend by paying the current fee ($4500?).🤠
The current fee is $4000.

I went to migraciones in BA today and got no stamp in the passport. I was told to go to this https://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/consultaTramitePrecaria/ConsultaUnificada.php website. Did you go through the same process?
Not getting a stamp in the passport is not signficant if migraciones accepted the payment of $4000 for the prorroga de permanencia and gave you a receipt for the payment.

If they accepted the payment, you have an additional 90 days, (I believe starting today), so be careful not to overstay the extension.

Last edited:
Not getting a stamp in the passport is not signficant if migraciones accepted the payment of $4000 for the prorroga de permanencia and gave you a receipt for the payment.

If they accepted the payment, you have an additional 90 days, (I believe starting today), so be careful not to overstay the extension.
Thank you! Today i received this email

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 16.35.45.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 16.35.45.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 27
I searched and searched but could not find the answer anywhere. If the overstay is more than 2 years, what is the fine currently? The immigration site say 12,5 UMSM for Extra Mercasur but doesn't say anything about the timeline. Should I assume the double that? Also not sure if the covid extension applies but my visa had ran out in June of 2020.

I searched and searched but could not find the answer anywhere. If the overstay is more than 2 years, what is the fine currently? The immigration site say 12,5 UMSM for Extra Mercasur but doesn't say anything about the timeline. Should I assume the double that? Also not sure if the covid extension applies but my visa had ran out in June of 2020.
Why you complicate what is a no brainer. The fine is 12.5 UMSM that ised to be 12.500 pesos no matter how long you overstay. O ly at Kingdoms the stay are alike a rental lease where your debts is proportional to the months unpaid.

Why you complicate what is a no brainer. The fine is 12.5 UMSM that ised to be 12.500 pesos no matter how long you overstay. O ly at Kingdoms the stay are alike a rental lease where your debts is proportional to the months unpaid.
Thanks for the reply. So currently the fine is 12.5 UMSM no matter how long one overstays. That is good to know.

Hey all, I am keen on this process too. I actually exited for a day to Brazil in April, and when I re-entered Argentina I got a renewed tourist visa stamp that had "90 dias" written on it. I want to stay longer, and my next 90 days ends next week.

Can anyone give input as to best process to make sure I get an extension? Is it safest to go the embassy route as described on this thread? Or should I try simply border hopping again over to Uruguay, and getting a renewed tourist visa when I enter? I'm anxious that if I've already extended once there could be issues. Thank you.

Back