My next door neighbor is caughing for six days

Andrew Murphy

Registered
It's weird and freaky and we have a balcony next to each other. The manager told me she had requested for a pass on our building exterminator because she was too sick and that was on the 18th. I feel paranoid...what if she has coronavirus? Should I report her? I think it would be the managers responsibility, but I guess she doesn't care.

Report her to whom? She's already quarantined and has been self-isolating since the 18th. Perhaps if you notify the corona virus swat team they can drag her to an encampment, or catapult her into space. You shouldn't have to hear her coughing then.

If your neighbor is exercising care to stay within her space, I would imagine she is being responsible and respectful of the rights of others. HECK! She was considerate enough to cancel her portion of the extermination service which demonstrates her willingness not to potentially expose another person to a potential infection. I would think that you are uncomfortable in your situation. Who wouldn't be? But I also think if you maintain your distance and use good judgment, the likelihood of being infected by her (Assuming she, herself is infected.) would be extremely low ... as in about 1% ... and that assumes a perfect storm scenario for it to occur. As for reporting her, it might be a little pre mature for that and potentially embarrassing should she have nothing more than a common cold and she were to find out you were her whistle blower. That could certainly strain a neighborly relationship. (I'd think carefully on that one if I were you.)

It's weird and freaky and we have a balcony next to each other. The manager told me she had requested for a pass on our building exterminator because she was too sick and that was on the 18th. I feel paranoid...what if she has coronavirus? Should I report her? I think it would be the managers responsibility, but I guess she doesn't care.
If she has a rocking party with other fellow coughers, I would definitely report her.

From what I have heard and read, you shouldn't burden the healthcare system until you have difficulty breathing.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I'm not a doctor.

Last edited:
I too have been coughing for about 2 weeks. In my case its allergies. I get the same symptoms every year at this time. Coughing, mucus in my throat, a little aches. Tired. No fever. No headache. And the condition remains constant for about 2 weeks. I am uncomfortable but not ill.
If your neighbor has high fever or difficulty breathing then it is time for her to seek help.
Since we don't know who is among us is infected you should follow the recommendations to protect yourself from everyone.

I too have been coughing for about 2 weeks. In my case its allergies. I get the same symptoms every year at this time. Coughing, mucus in my throat, a little aches. Tired. No fever. No headache. And the condition remains constant for about 2 weeks. I am uncomfortable but not ill.
If your neighbor has high fever or difficulty breathing then it is time for her to seek help.
Since we don't know who is among us is infected you should follow the recommendations to protect yourself from everyone.
I have had a scratchy throat for weeks too because of allergies. No cough but every now have to clear my throat. I have it every year and around the same time so know what it is. If I take allergy drugs it gets better but I run out of them earlier last week. Makes clearing my throat in the supermarket line fun though.

Report her to whom? She's already quarantined and has been self-isolating since the 18th. Perhaps if you notify the corona virus swat team they can drag her to an encampment, or catapult her into space. You shouldn't have to hear her coughing then.
Is there a coronavirus SWAT team? What if the whole building were to get infected? The ship Diamond Princess all started with one guy who was on the previous Cruise.

But seriously, is there really a coronavirus away team here?

Is there a coronavirus SWAT team? What if the whole building were to get infected? The ship Diamond Princess all started with one guy who was on the previous Cruise.

But seriously, is there really a coronavirus away team here?

Really are you serious ? You cannot catch a virus from another apartment unless its 1.5 metres from yourself . We need to treat this with intelligence and not treat victims of this like lepers .

In less than 2 years 70 percent of all of us will have this disease and most will not even know it Less than 20 percent have serious symptoms and most have just a slight cold and feeling of malaise . The world must go on as shutting the world to this only buys a little time at best but the economic effects of this destroys economies for generations .

Back