My Wife is pregnant. Looking for good private hospital.

Any idea about the cash cost?

Here's another male contribution to add to the predominantly male contributions to this thread already. Has your wife given birth before? The cash cost will almost certainly vary according to the duration and complexity of the procedures and you might already have some indication of what the duration and complexity are likely to be. For example, one of my daughters-in-law gave birth earlier this year, the child was delivered almost before they reached the hospital and they all went home a few hours later. The sister of my other daughter-in-law gave birth a few weeks later. She was in labour for four days, recovering in hospital for four more. I kid you not. If they had each been on pay-as-you-go, the former would have paid about 50cents, the latter more than a year of earnings. @Bajo_cero2 suggests that Hospital Aleman will take you - but only on their top-grade plan and only if you also pay a penalty. I'd strongly recommend you check that out. And good luck with everything for you and your wife and the newborns.

Make sure to pay in pesos, and change your dollars at the blue rate. That is now $181, versus the official rate of $98.53 per dollar.

I highly appreciate all ur answers amigos.
My wife has insurance covering delivery where we live but not covering Argentina.
So most likely I will be paying in US$.
I've been told that it will cost 5K or 7.5K for twins.
Any idea about the cash cost?
First, congrats:)
Second, Just to give an idea..
I live not in bsas, a pricy top notch hospital asks to bring 400k pesos in cash in hands in the day of delivery, they said most likely ( everybody is healthy) from those 400 they will use only 250k, the rest needed in case of some complication.
If baby gets to NICU they ask for another deposit of 300k.

My daughter was born in Hospital Aleman and everything was well organised and my wife was well looked after, we had a private room for when daughter was a bit jaundiced and had to stay in couple of nights
May I ask your approximate cost for the birth. our first child was born in mexico and we are looking at relocating to argentina for the second

I've decided to deliver the babies at Suizo "Swiss"
They sent me the following prices, if Cesarea it will cost around 529.951,51 pesos, including 4 days stay in the hospital.
If normal delivery, it will cost 356.758,42 pesos, including 3 days hospital stay.
Good luck to u and me with the deliveries.

Thanks every 1 for the informative replies.

When we looked into this back in 2018, it was like 10k USD at Swiss. I'm a little shocked that the price is roughly the same in pesos.

Back