Name Registry Still In Effect?

NoVegetables

Registered
Hi guys

So I know at one point there was a list of approved names that you had to choose from unless you petitioned.
But recently I have heard that the list is no longer enforced and you can name you kid whatever you want. Luckily the first name we want is on the list, but the second name we've chosen is not on any list anywhere.

Does anyone know if we are still bound to the list and if so, are second names required to come from the list as well?

As far as I know it is, the last baby in the family having been born a year ago next month. Unless something's changed since then.

I wanted to name our daughter "Motosierra" or "Mirounga Leonina," but my wife vetoed both of them.

Personally I think it's a good idea. If you read that law it makes total sense, it's to avoid people sounding ridiculous, being able to identify a male or a female by their name, and a few other things. Exceptions are made when naming a child after a family member who was born in another country, if you have proof such as birth records of that person, but you have to have that approved as well. I grew up in New York City and some of my schoolmate's names were outrageous....here's a few 1) Candy Apple Pinkney...2) Dinette Washington...3) Tonka Billings...4) Diamond Xiomara Vélez....5) Jackjaira Marrero....6) Noni Mooney....7) Luxury Williams........life is difficult enough than to have to go through a lifetime of ridicule and giggles because of your name. I love having an uncomplicated name.

Does anyone know if it applies to second names as well? Or where i can find the actually law?

Does anyone know if it applies to second names as well? Or where i can find the actually law?
For us we had to have second name aka middle name approved as well.

We went to US Embassy to get letter for first name. We are US citizens. Middle name is Italian. We went to Italian Embassy for that letter. We are Italian citizens too. Not sure if Argentina will approve name if you are not citizen of the country from where you are taking name.

Took us three visits to finally get names approved. Then when DNI and passport arrived they were spelled wrong! And DNI spelling error was different from passport error. Led to some excitement ro get those fixed as we were trying to travel to see the family in US.

Personally I think it's a good idea. If you read that law it makes total sense, it's to avoid people sounding ridiculous, being able to identify a male or a female by their name, and a few other things. Exceptions are made when naming a child after a family member who was born in another country, if you have proof such as birth records of that person, but you have to have that approved as well. I grew up in New York City and some of my schoolmate's names were outrageous....here's a few 1) Candy Apple Pinkney...2) Dinette Washington...3) Tonka Billings...4) Diamond Xiomara Vélez....5) Jackjaira Marrero....6) Noni Mooney....7) Luxury Williams........life is difficult enough than to have to go through a lifetime of ridicule and giggles because of your name. I love having an uncomplicated name.

If this were the case in Venezuela, there would be no http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diosdado_Cabello

It's on the Registro Civil. They are usually more flexible with middle names, but you'll still have to file some paper work, so you might want to go talk to the Registro in your comuna

Not sure if this is relevent in your case but here's some information from the City government about names:

http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/areas/registrocivil/nombres/?menu_id=28

And the list of approved names can be found here:

http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/areas/registrocivil/nombres/busqueda/buscador_nombres.php?menu_id=16082

Back