National quarantine tomorrow very likely

More reporting on TN, showing the central BA CCTV traffic survailence offices; they estimate that the amount of cars on the road is 20% lower than what would be expected at this time of day.

Fyi.

Passing along some information I received from the US Embassy this morning, in case it's helpful to anyone who is attempting to fly out of the country during the quarantine:

Under a state of emergency, Argentina enacted a mandatory quarantine beginning on March 20 at 12:01am and continuing through March 31, 2020. Argentine authorities may extend this period. Limited quarantine exemptions include movement to obtain food and medical care and travel to the international airport for ticketed passengers only.

I don't know how it is in other parts of the city, but certainly in Recoleta / Barrio Norte where we are, there is very little movement in the streets. Some people shopping, I went to the supermarket 3 doors down, the Chinese girl at the cash register had a cute mask in camouflage colours to protect her from us :-D there is very little in the way of public transport... normally 3-4 buses would pass with every phase of the traffic light, now it's 1 or 2 every 5 mins, and quite often with a single passenger seated.

There was a question about delivery services, I understand these are allowed as an exemption under the quarantine, however just checking Rappi you order today and they might deliver Sunday, so in practice it's not an option I think.

I'm still trying to figure out how to send money to my cleaning lady. It must be a horrible situation for all the people who can't earn any money right now. Are there any government programs for them?

Here are the clear cut rules for Quarantine.
Excellent, thanks, I read it last night but had no idea where to find it again. Regarding delivery services, the relevant exemption is on page 5:

19. Reparto a domicilio de alimentos, medicamentos, productos de higiene, de limpieza y otros insumos de necesidad.

But like I said, Rappi is estimating 2-3 days for delivery.

Back