National quarantine tomorrow very likely

sergio

Registered
It's almost certain that tomorrow the President will announce a two week nationwide quarantine. Use the time to get ready.

It's almost certain that tomorrow the President will announce a two week nationwide quarantine. Use the time to get ready.

You might be right Sergio . Do you have insider information?

The curfew is very likely to be called from the 20th of March 2020 to April at the earliest . I cannot see them lifting this for more than a few days in April as the cases seem to be doubling every 4 days now in Argentina . By April there will be close to 1000 confirmed cases of covid 19 in Argentina meaning that the curfews will continue with maybe a few days breathing spaces in between . This is very concerning for the economic climate in Argentina and will create the worst social unrest since 2001 . Its hard to know what is the best approach with this pandemia and with a country as fragile as ours its a tough call .

Reactions: Jed
Our landlord just informed us that we need to pick up groceries now, as the government will announce a ‘strict quarantine’ this afternoon. She also sent along this form about how to handle cleanliness protocols. Seems as though the lockdown is starting.

Attachments

• 707C000D-AD24-4E16-99DD-70707B27AFD8.jpeg
    707C000D-AD24-4E16-99DD-70707B27AFD8.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 23
""""""""The curfew is very likely to be called from the 20th of March 2020 to April at the earliest . I cannot see them lifting this for more than a few days in April as the cases seem to be doubling every 4 days now in Argentina . By April there will be close to 1000 confirmed cases of covid 19 in Argentina meaning that the curfews will continue with maybe a few days breathing spaces in between . This is very concerning for the economic climate in Argentina and will create the worst social unrest since 2001 . Its hard to know what is the best approach with this pandemia and with a country as fragile as ours its a tough call """" The only words in this paragraph that have any social value are..."...its hard to know..." The rest is just pure fear mongering and speculation, but it does offer the author a chance to see his name in lights.

""""""""The curfew is very likely to be called from the 20th of March 2020 to April at the earliest . I cannot see them lifting this for more than a few days in April as the cases seem to be doubling every 4 days now in Argentina . By April there will be close to 1000 confirmed cases of covid 19 in Argentina meaning that the curfews will continue with maybe a few days breathing spaces in between . This is very concerning for the economic climate in Argentina and will create the worst social unrest since 2001 . Its hard to know what is the best approach with this pandemia and with a country as fragile as ours its a tough call """" The only words in this paragraph that have any social value are..."...its hard to know..." The rest is just pure fear mongering and speculation, but it does offer the author a chance to see his name in lights.

You are so cooooooool and the world is so lovely and bright . Wake up and accept reality you are in for a bumpy ride !

Way I see it, no one really knows how this will play out.

Not enough is know about the virus; how long people are contagious, exact mortality rates, danger of catching it twice, and not even low long it stays on different surfaces. I've seen "experts" saying it is nine hours, while others assert it can be up to from nine days.

At this point, it is impossible to know how the quarantine will last. It is all guesswork.

So, stock up on good books, keep the cell phone charged, and enjoy the simple pleasures of life such as a cup of freshly brewed coffed in the morning, the view of clouds sailing on a blue sky, or a dog's napping on the couch near you.

Last edited:
Be aware too that full home internet service may not guaranteed, or at normal velocity. I heard an interview yesterday with the head of the regulator in Peru, who said they are regulating use so that business and essential services have priority during business hours, rather than people bored at home consuming vast quantities.

Back