National quarantine tomorrow very likely

I'm still trying to figure out how to send money to my cleaning lady. It must be a horrible situation for all the people who can't earn any money right now. Are there any government programs for them?
That's really nice of you - have you tried Transferwise? it's my fail-safe

I’ve found Transferwise to be really bad. It takes longer and costs more than they say, as soon as you enter your CC number the costs increase, and once you’re finished it will say well now we have your money we’re going to run a bunch of “security checks” and by the way your money might be delivered in 2 days time.

So, to summarise, not much less expensive than SWIFT and at least twice as slow. Not worth it.

That's really nice of you - have you tried Transferwise? it's my fail-safe

[/QUOTE]
Thanks, but the problem is that neither she nor any other member of her family seems to have a bank account. I've tried mercadopago with whom her daughter has an account but that didn't work, I couldn't pay with my credit card. I've got a CDI but no no DNI number perhaps that's why.

Looks like California is on a total lockdown . Just weeks many people here thought this was not possible . Now with Argentina and now California on lockdown there is no place in the world that is 100% safe .

You know last week I thought Argentina was nuts to be so strict with tourists arriving but that was before more and more information came out about COVID. I have to hand it to Argentina for getting ahead of this before some countries.

Even though they say California is on "lockdown" it's not a true lockdown. You can come and go as you please. There are still plenty of people out. Grocery stores are open. They limit you to 1 or 2 things of anything and many many things have been gone since beginning of last week. Things like pasta, toilet paper, paper towels, and many other things has been sold out for weeks.

Hospitals and doctors offices are plagued with not enough masks or gloves. Many medical professionals are sick or dying. Even the young are getting sick unlike earlier with the outbreak.

Everything is closed. This is going to be devastating economically around the world but such is the case with a Black Swan event like this. Stay safe all.

Back