Need A Doctor In Palermo

BDA shorts

Registered
I did some searching and couldn't find any good recent posts on this...

I'm looking for a general practitioner doctor. Expensive is fine, and I'll pay cash. Just want someone who can see me promptly without my having to wait in the waiting room forever, can take their time with me, and knows what they're doing. Prefer Palermo. Doesn't need to speak English, Spanish is fine.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!

The Hospital Aleman is a good choice $$$ if they can't set an appointment promptly go to the Emergency Guard for immediate attention.

Just went to Hospital Aleman. Wasn't impressed.

Spent around 50 minutes waiting (not all that bad considering it's a walk-in), got a short appointment with someone who I think wasn't a full doctor. After examining me she gave me an order for an electrocardiogram and told me to call for an appointment. Well, there's no appointment available until October 13, three weeks from now! This at one of the more expensive hospitals in the city, paying cash?

(For those wondering, the fee for the consult was 540 pesos, paid up-front.)

Whatever happens, please let us know what you end up finding as the best option.

Well seems to be a common thing a Turno for an Urologist at the Aleman or Italiano can take a month or more. Some Doctors from Aleman also work one afternoon a week, at Medical Center of Diagnostic, in Marcelo T de Alvear 2421, Tel: 4923-5503 , the fee there is $400 .Believe they also perform Electro As well as all the Blood/Urine tests etc.

I don't know if this is the same thing, but Instituto Argentina de Diagnostico y Tratamiento's website says they can do the EKG without a turno. I'll try walking in tomorrow...

Sorry to hear you were not satisfied. I know it is not in Palermo and not exactly what you asked for, but maybe you can try Fundacion Favaloro? I know they have this service where they do a comprehensive check up for you in 1 day (blood work, ECG, xrays, ultrasound). Chequeo integral I think it is called.

I find it so frustrating that ECGs and ultrasounds have to be done separately.

I am thinking that if what you want is an ECG, you can ask for an emergency appointment with a cardiologist directly. I know one in Palermo, and he does ECGs at his practice. His name is Dr. Alberto Caferatta and he is in French near Scalabrini Ortiz.

Good luck.

Yeah I've done one of those full-day checks before, back in May actually. They're useful when everything's fine and you just want to make sure nothing's creeping up on you.

Emergency appointment with a cardiologist makes sense; I'll try Dr. Caferatta if I don't get any love out of Instituto Argentina de Diagnostico y Tratamiento. Thanks.

I thought the whole point of private care was that you can see someone promptly; at least, that's how it worked during my time in England. Should've known it's different here, just like everything else!

I don't know if this is the same thing, but Instituto Argentina de Diagnostico y Tratamiento's website says they can do the EKG without a turno. I'll try walking in tomorrow...

Instituto Argentino de Diagnostico MT Alvear 2346 is Numero Uno it's half a block away from the one I Mentioned.

Just went to Hospital Aleman. Wasn't impressed.

Spent around 50 minutes waiting (not all that bad considering it's a walk-in), got a short appointment with someone who I think wasn't a full doctor. After examining me she gave me an order for an electrocardiogram and told me to call for an appointment. Well, there's no appointment available until October 13, three weeks from now! This at one of the more expensive hospitals in the city, paying cash?

(For those wondering, the fee for the consult was 540 pesos, paid up-front.)
I always felt Hospital Aleman is one helluve overated hospital. Though many expats here swear by it

Back