Need a solid Italian restaurant and also a great steak place

2GuysInPM said:
Not yet, but I've heard its good. If we get a chance, we'll check it out soon. Thanks. :)

It's yummy. Best Italian in the city... so far.
I'm trying another Italian on Thursday. I'm a bit nervous. But I'll let you know how it is.

for a nice steak place I will throw in the name Don Julio in palermo... garruchaga y I think soler... bife de lomo is about 50 pesos... wine is expensive.. but it is a nice and sort of still has some local charm....
Buy the best steak places are the small places .... I understand if you are here for only a week you have to go Las Linas and spend 100 pesos for a steak..
but if live here for a while you will learn to enjoy the small local places...
I have a very small little place parrilla San Cayetano Arenales y Bustamante.... bife de lomo y pure de papas delivered for 30 pesos and very good.... I eat there about 3 times a week..haha it is small.. so sometimes I just have them deliver... well I guess part of the fun is finding you own little place ... good luck cheers!!!

Parilla San Cayetano is know to the local's as "El Vomito..." hahah
Ate there once...only once.....!:eek:

argsteve said:
for a nice steak place I will throw in the name Don Julio in palermo... garruchaga y I think soler... bife de lomo is about 50 pesos... wine is expensive.. but it is a nice and sort of still has some local charm....
Buy the best steak places are the small places .... I understand if you are here for only a week you have to go Las Linas and spend 100 pesos for a steak..
but if live here for a while you will learn to enjoy the small local places...
I have a very small little place parrilla San Cayetano Arenales y Bustamante.... bife de lomo y pure de papas delivered for 30 pesos and very good.... I eat there about 3 times a week..haha it is small.. so sometimes I just have them deliver... well I guess part of the fun is finding you own little place ... good luck cheers!!!

Neil... it is good... there is a line to get in every night......strange???....
I get my food to go... it is as good as any bife de lomo i have had here in Argentina... ... well strange you think it is so so bad.. it isnt a fancy place it is a small dumpy looking place but the food has always been very good to me.... and I have been eating there on and off for a year..... well sorry it was so bad for you!!!
So what places are so good since you think that one is so bad????

I haven't found a restaurant that has provided reasonable food on a consistent basis. Been to many, here in Bsas over the years.... The Guia Oleo is pretty good w/ reviews...
:rolleyes:

We love Marcelo's in Puerto Madero, on Alicia Moreau de Justo. In same ownership as Piegari on Posadas, Recova, but more modern feel, great place to take clients. Also on Posadas is Mirasol, great steaks and imho the best empanadas in town. Very traditional, little fancier than most parillas, seems like wait staff have been there for centuries. We're Cabrera regulars and I recommend the food, but both locations are always crowded, we've often waited more than an hour to be seated. Miranda also great.

Neil said:
I haven't found a restaurant that has provided reasonable food on a consistent basis. Been to many, here in Bsas over the years.... The Guia Oleo is pretty good w/ reviews...
:rolleyes:

The only thing consistent is the inconsistency! ;)

Back