Need Help! Ban On Private Parcels To Argentina

I just received a call from DHL asking for my passport number and confirming my address. I guess this means it is on it's way, I forgot to ask when it would be arriving.

a year ago a client sent a box of unused casette tapes via fed ex. we told her NOT to do it. We hired customs broker, but paying only at end when he can get stuff out (I suggest you do the same).
Came back with "Panasonic is a banned brand in Argentina"!!!
bribes didn´t work.
I think the tapes are still sitting there, or have been sold on the black market.

I'm not sure if this will help or not - but I have heard (just can't remember where) of a website used by expats here where you match up item/location with someone who has a flight booked here and for a fee they carry the item here for you - to be honest, if anyone knows I would ALSO be really interested in having this information also. I heard about it at least a year or two ago and at the time never followed up but now I am kicking myself...

I always get my packages via USPS and ive never had a problem, out of about 8 packages ive gotten they only made me open the last one for inspection which was about a month ago.

I'm not sure if this will help or not - but I have heard (just can't remember where) of a website used by expats here where you match up item/location with someone who has a flight booked here and for a fee they carry the item here for you - to be honest, if anyone knows I would ALSO be really interested in having this information also. I heard about it at least a year or two ago and at the time never followed up but now I am kicking myself...

The Mule Pool... closed now:
http://baexpats.org/topic/14361-the-mule-pool/

Anyone have recent experience with this? I was having a hard time finding a good quality women's suit here, so ordered one from the US not realizing this would be an issue (stupid, in retrospect.) I have been in touch with the company and they have said that it is my responsibility to know the local customs laws and they will not refund me for the suit nor can they arrange to have it shipped back to the US (I would have to negotiate this with customs here.) they essentially said the package will be abandoned and I'll be out a ton of money unless I get a broker. Any idea how much this costs at the moment? And do I need to bring a local to Ezeiza with me to avoid being totally screwed over?

You will pay 50% of the value of the suit to liberate it from customs. Plus a per day storage fee if I remember correctly. You might be able to offer a...cough. .incentivo to the custom official instead but I would suggest you tread with caution.

Back