Need help with Computer Issue!

davonz said:
It would be interesting to know who/what changed the host file as this is not usually touched..

Soudns like a malware infection on joannayoung's PC. Some viruses/spyware do modify your hosts file and add bogus entries like that.

Time to patch up your Windows, and then run a scanner on it. Without eliminating the cause, the problem will probably re-occurr.

Good luck! ;)

lots of good people stepped up to help.........great. i have a few computer issues myself and sometimes so do a few friends. while we are on the topic, does anyone know a reasonable priced computer place that offers maybe not always repair, but also some assistance, dont mind paying for verbal problem solving time. just need a place that someone can give a referral or two about them. thanks david i know there is a large grouping of places, stores, accessories, second hand equipemet etc in a large courtyard off of part of the pedestrian walkway part of calle florida. it woulld be nice to choose a place there or wherever where someone at least has had good experiences.

Back