Need help with Correo Argentino

lwieise87

Registered
So I left a few things in the States that I need here (unlocked cell, proprietary $%&ing digicam cable) and had my mother ship them to me. On Wednesday, the correo came by to deliver but I wasn't here and he gave a form to our flatmate. Now...the package is addressed to my girlfriend because we weren't sure if it would work addressed to me. She's always busy with classes on weekdays and can't help.

Am I supposed to go pick this up at the post office? I've had to do that with things in the States that required a signature when nobody was around to sign. If that is the case, where?!? In the "Domicilio de la Oficina" box it says this:
Centro Postal Internacional
Letonia y Antartida
Argentina (Retiro)
For the life of me, I cannot find that. The only Letonia street is in San Miguel.

Please help! There is a 2 peso charge per day until I pick it up. Not much, I know, but still... I just want to be able to charge and offload my camera :'(

You need to go to Retiro (there's a subway station) to the Centro Postal International which is about 500 yards from the subway exit. Take the form, the ID of your GF and a procuration to you by your GF (I am not sure how it needs to be redacted though)

The office is located in front of the Retiro Bus Terminal, but across the avenue. I suggest to call customer service of correo argentino at 4891 9191. I had stuff delivered from the US and I did not have any problem. Only a long waiting line (as usual in the undeveloped world). Also I think they were open until 4pm. Good luck!

Roxana said:
The office is located in front of the Retiro Bus Terminal, but across the avenue. I suggest to call customer service of correo argentino at 4891 9191. I had stuff delivered from the US and I did not have any problem. Only a long waiting line (as usual in the undeveloped world). Also I think they were open until 4pm. Good luck!

That because you didn´t go to the post office in Brooklyn, the one close to Willinsburg bridge. But the service at UPS when they don´t find you at home and you have to go to their deposit in the middle of nowhere under the Kosiuko bridge is even worst. :D

I've never seen anything like the Correo Internacional in the United States -- never. It's among one of the most inefficient operations in this country.

Get there as early as possible, and prepare to wait there for 3 hours. If you don't know your numbers very well in Spanish, I'd bring someone with you who does. On your notice, you should see a number somewhere in the corner. It might be something like 54435346392. They'll whisper it over a speaker that often cuts out in anyway imaginable. They haven't got a clue that maybe, just maybe, a television monitor might work better.

cinco-cuatro-cuatro-trescientos-cincuenta-y-tres-cuatro-sesenta-y-tres-nueve-dos

or maybe

quinientos-cuarenta-y-cuatro-treinta-y-cinco-tres-cuatro-seis-mil-trescientos-noventa-y-dos.

Ugh. I had a beer after that disaster of an experience. :eek:

And if you type "-34.589075,-58.370447" into maps.google.com, I think that's the building....

bradlyhale said:
I've never seen anything like the Correo Internacional in the United States -- never. It's among one of the most inefficient operations in this country.

Get there as early as possible, and prepare to wait there for 3 hours. If you don't know your numbers very well in Spanish, I'd bring someone with you who does. On your notice, you should see a number somewhere in the corner. It might be something like 54435346392. They'll whisper it over a speaker that often cuts out in anyway imaginable. They haven't got a clue that maybe, just maybe, a television monitor might work better.

cinco-cuatro-cuatro-trescientos-cincuenta-y-tres-cuatro-sesenta-y-tres-nueve-dos

or maybe

quinientos-cuarenta-y-cuatro-treinta-y-cinco-tres-cuatro-seis-mil-trescientos-noventa-y-dos.

Ugh. I had a beer after that disaster of an experience. :

I am Argentinian and it was a lottery guessing the numbers!! I agree that would be better to go with a fluent spanish listener

Or just go in every 20 minutes and hand them your slip of paper. If you package isn't ready they will send you back out.

Does anyone know if he can pick up a package addressed to his girlfriend? Maybe the girl friend needs to write a letter or something?

mini said:
Or just go in every 20 minutes and hand them your slip of paper. If you package isn't ready they will send you back out.

Does anyone know if he can pick up a package addressed to his girlfriend? Maybe the girl friend needs to write a letter or something?

French jurist said:
Take the form, the ID of your GF and a procuration to you by your GF (I am not sure how it needs to be redacted though)
:p

The details to authorize someone else to pick it up are on reverse of the paper

As for the best time to go there, I belong to the other school : getting there 10 minutes before the closing time (used to be 5pm ?).
Once it is closed and you inside, the people there start working really faster to get out early... :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Culture 2
B Expat Life 5
A Expat Life 0
HenryNisental Expat Life 1
S Expat Life 5
Back