Need help with renting

Okay so I need some help me and my girlfriend are looking for a place to rent she is Argentinian and I am Canadian and we are having difficulty with the requirements that the places ask for I have a decent amount of moving saved up so we will mostly be using my savings so I got the money no problem and I'm currently looking for remote work but who knows if that will go anywhere and she also has a job but it doesnt pay too much anyways we have been looking for places on zonaprop or argenprop however she says the requirements are very difficult for her/us because I am foreigner and she is a young woman who doesn't have much finances and things of that nature like some of the places ask for a acquaintance with a property title in their name? Or something about surety insurance, a guarantor stuff like this like we are young adults I have no clue can people please help me with trying to rent a place kinda long term like a year or so as a foreigner with his girlfriend thank you

I think a possible solution could be to pay the rent in its entirety for 1 year or at least for 6 months if you can. That may help you negotiate the price down, and maybe alleviate any concern the property owner may have about your abilities to pay.

Definitely possible however I am a bit anxious I would somehow get scammed guess I would try to look for only companies? I don't have knowledge on argentina housing rights or the paperwork needed
For safety reasons from abroad it's best to deal with Airbnb or Realtors, once here can visit places and perhaps negotiate with local owners..?

My first time here (years ago) I used bytargentina.com , which seemed to be more 'regulated' than Craigslist or FB or whatnot. At the time I had to physically go to the byt office and sign contracts and give them the money (this was back in 2014 or 2015?), but they didn't demand a deposit. It was short term (less than 3 months) but maybe that's changed now? I have no idea where the laws stand from day to day. They seem to still have good prices.
Of course I wouldn't suggest renting long-term without seeing the place. You may end up on a scary street, or above a disco, or in a place without outlets or whatever.

Never used the site before too look always thought it would be a lot of scams or not popular are there actually real estate agents there or only individuals

There are scams mixed in on Craigslist. You can find good deals, but you need to view listings with a critical eye.

Back