need power strip that takes USA plugs

arty

Registered
I'm looking to get a power strip I can plug not only the various S.A. type of plugs into but also USA style plugs. I had one but a friend of mine took it back to the states when he left. Where is a good place to get one?

Thanks!

A ferreteria (hardware store) should have them I guess, but not sure.

Any neighborhood hardware store will have them. From 3 plugs up to 8 usually. Just go and ask for a zapatilla.

I don't think you will find any. Why don't you just change the plugs to the Argentina type, it's easy to do and what you need should be available just about anywhere.

Probably most ferreterias would have them, as mentioned.

Here is a place that I am almost positive would have them:

La Casa del Transformador - Parana 220 / 4371-1023

They have everything electrical you can imagine. When I brought my brand-new Dell laptop from the States on one of my trips back and discovered that the idiots had given me the wrong cable for the portion from the wall to the transformer, I went there and they found a cable that worked with the three-prong "Mickey Mouse ears" connection my transformer used. Had the added benefit of having Argentine plugs.

But they had a ton of accessories and I'd be very surprised if they didn't have the type of power strip you're looking for.

And someone does have them here in BA - I have one myself, but I don't remember where I bought it about three years ago.

I am from the US which has 110v. mains but was able to use a powermac in Argentina with no problem. The power supply for the Apple supports 220 as well as 110.

Mattea said:
I am from the US which has 110v. mains but was able to use a powermac in Argentina with no problem. The power supply for the Apple supports 220 as well as 110.

I don't have an issue with voltage, just getting the correct outlet for my plugs. i need to run multiple external hard drives and I've done it before I just need the power strip my friend took by accident. I also use my mac here with no issues.

however I did pick up a waffle maker this past weekend in the usa and now I need a power converter for it, lol.

Back