Nestor concpiracy theories

Gringoboy

Registered
Well, surprise surprise!
It had to happen I suppose as the theorists need something to feed off.
The gist of the chain email I received is that he planned it all some time ago and also that the coffin at the Casa Rosada was empty, not to mention the fact that it was smaller than him..........etc etc.

Having said that, I did wonder why the coffin wasn't open......................

Edit: excuse mispelt title

Gringoboy said:
Having said that, I did wonder why the coffin wasn't open......................
According to Noticias magazine, he hit his head against the nightstand when he fell, and had a large bruise which wasn't very photogenic.

Hope this post makes it - one of my posts in the Stella! thread got sidetracked for "approval" and hasn't resurfaced yet.

SaraSara said:
According to Noticias magazine, he hit his head against the nightstand when he fell, and had a large bruise which wasn't very photogenic.

Hope this post makes it - one of my posts in the Stella! thread got sidetracked for "approval" and hasn't resurfaced yet.

This happened to me as well on Stella. People being people will come come up with all kinds of theories. Seems to me fairly straight forward that he was having heart problems, he had a couple of surgeries this year. Sounds like his health may have been worse than was generally known.

I would think that if it was planned then they would have chosen a time that was more strategic, particularly with the election coming up next year.

SaraSara said:

Unless there was a major DENT in his head, corpses are always covered with plenty of makeup, so this wouldn't have mattered.

I don't know of any expats who think that he was actually in the coffin. An expat/dual citizenship friend of mine told me that everyone he works with (an Argie office) thought that he WAS in the coffin.

I just think that the turnaround from death to being prepared for travel and lying in state was too short. I'm not expert, but last night when I was at Buenos Aires Photo, I saw a photo of "La Negra" (Mercedes Rosa?) lying in state at the Congreso with AN OPEN COFFIN. It made me chuckle a bit.

I don't think that it matters that much if he was there or not, but it was important to give the appearance that he was there. At least that was the decision that was made.

I think that it would have been more normal to have his body flown up over the weekend and for all of this to happen on Monday. Open Casket. And perhaps the posters in town that said "POR SIEMPRE NESTOR... VAMOS CRISTINA" should have gone up Thursday night/Friday morning rather than about 12 hours after he died.

I would have done it differently, but then again it wasn't my funeral. And I don't have to give the appearance of running a country. Especially to the people who never thought that I was actually running the country.

Unbelievable, is there no limit to their dastardliness? And what about all those hundreds of thousands of folks that were bribed and made to wear costumes to give the impression that enormous numbers of people were paying tribute to him from a broad cross section of society when everyone knows the only supprters they have are illiterate, chori mucnhing, coke guzzling peasants too dim to know what's good for them. And the written tributes that covered the plaza? Did they not strike anyone else as odd? straight off the production line, they all used the same phrases and words- dignity, pensions, blah blah blah... no doubt somewhere there is a sweatshop full of conurbano serfs wailing in agony with wrist cramp as I type this. What a disgrace.

Of course Elvis became more poular when he died as did John Lennon, Marilyn Munroe, Marc Bolan, Micheal Jackson and of course Buddy Holly. Dying is an excellent career move and one we should all make if we want to really get on.
Of course you can only do this once unless you are Bobby Ewing.

I am just waiting for El Pinguinos greatest hits.

Or just maybe the grief in Christinas eyes was real and the outpourings of a nation not orchestrated, but true feelings for a man who led them out of very difficult times and deserves some respect as does his family at this time.

pauper said:
Unbelievable, is there no limit to their dastardliness? And what about all those hundreds of thousands of folks that were bribed and made to wear costumes to give the impression that enormous numbers of people were paying tribute to him from a broad cross section of society when everyone knows the only supprters they have are illiterate, chori mucnhing, coke guzzling peasants too dim to know what's good for them. And the written tributes that covered the plaza? Did they not strike anyone else as odd? straight off the production line, they all used the same phrases and words- dignity, pensions, blah blah blah... no doubt somewhere there is a sweatshop full of conurbano serfs wailing in agony with wrist cramp as I type this. What a disgrace.

tangobob said:
I am just waiting for El Pinguinos greatest hits.

I'm not sure about Nestor, we will have to wait for his reapperance from the tank of liquid nitrogen, but it seems over the years many expats here have taken a liking to a catchy little tune, a golden oldie called el Aluvión Zoológico, and added their own verses to that song's grand lyrical history on these very pages. The assumptions made here about the supporters of this government and their motivations have been at the very least insulting to the poor, and some made the very easy jump from there into racism.

After the myth was exploded by the passing of a diverse crowd of hundreds of thousands through the plaza the response just on this forum alone has been most interesting. We've had (just a small sample) the empty coffin, Milagro Sala's Túpac Amaru back again as an armed organisation which perpetrated the escrache against Morales (you forgot the drug running), the Abuelas some kind of subsidiary in K inc, the asignación universal por hijo described as a payout to Bolivians for having babies, and that old chestnut from the dictatorship given new life - desaparecidos living the high life in Paris so their mothers can rake in the cash pretending they were tortured and killed.

Not even the frightful din of hundreds of thousands of choripans being gobbled by those who live lives of the nasty brutish and short variety could compete with the discordant music of so many words being masticated as the veil was lifted during those couple of days in the plaza.

Moxon said:
I'm not sure about Nestor, we will have to wait for his reapperance from the tank of liquid nitrogen, but it seems over the years many expats here have taken a liking to a catchy little tune, a golden oldie called el Aluvión Zoológico, and added their own verses to that song's grand lyrical history on these very pages. The assumptions made here about the supporters of this government and their motivations have been at the very least insulting to the poor, and some made the very easy jump from there into racism.

After the myth was exploded by the passing of a diverse crowd of hundreds of thousands through the plaza the response just on this forum alone has been most interesting. We've had (just a small sample) the empty coffin, Milagro Sala's Túpac Amaru back again as an armed organisation which perpetrated the escrache against Morales (you forgot the drug running), the Abuelas some kind of subsidiary in K inc, the asignación universal por hijo described as a payout to Bolivians for having babies, and that old chestnut from the dictatorship given new life - desaparecidos living the high life in Paris so their mothers can rake in the cash pretending they were tortured and killed.

Not even the frightful din of hundreds of thousands of choripans being gobbled by those who live lives of the nasty brutish and short variety could compete with the discordant music of so many words being masticated as the veil was lifted during those couple of days in the plaza.

To add fuel to your fire, here is an observation I received in an email from a friend, an Argentine who is obviously not a Nestor supporter. I do not know enough about the history Argentina to place this incident in context other than to say truth is often stranger than fiction....

"Maybe, at some point, Nestor's own people will burn his coffin in the public square, which is something Peronists like to do, as Herminio Iglesias did "cuando en el acto de cierre de campaña, frente al Obelisco, quemó un ataúd con los colores de la Unión Cívica Radical, el partido opositor, lo que fue visto en forma muy negativa por la opinión pública que estaba emergiendo de la represión de la última dictadura y con lo que facilitó la victoria del candidato radical Raúl Alfonsín."

There is a long tradition of disinterment here, I wouldn't like to predict the reason but I am fairly sure Nestor will be dug up at some point, give it 5 or 10 years.

Back