Nestor Kirchner has just passed

Moxon said:
Oh, dear god, it's worse than i thought...

Speechless...

Where to start?..

I would add the same may be asked of you. Do you know what media sanción means?

Do you know what happened on Oct 10 2009?

Do you know the law is already being implemented?

Now, I'm sure you will forgive me for using the term unfathomable levels of boring old ignorance, but no other term could really do justice, you see?

Do you mean the Argentina with the totalitarian regime, the Argentina where journalists are once again in exile broadcasting from Colonia, the Argentina where Nelson Castro (could you have chosen someone a little less ubiquitous?) is being muzzled etc etc. I'm sorry, but that Argentina I can only reach with the assistance of hallucinogenic mushrooms (how did you get there, incidentally?)

Say no more, you've sold me with that post.

If that is being "speechless", I'd hate being within hearing range when you are verbose...!:D:p:D

And now, Moxon, I'll hold you to your promise to ignore my posts. As I will yours - too predictable.

p.s. Sorry, but my source of prime hallucinogenic mushrooms is only shared with close friends and associates - you'll have to be content with those inferior ones within your reach.

perry said:
History will judge Nestor Kirchner kindly and judging by the readers comments in CLARIN 95% have been favourable to him . This is a most clearcut guide of real sentiment out there.

http://www.clarin.com/politica/gobi...mpensacion-cardiaca-Calafate_0_361164064.html

Most of those who oppose Kirchner would not be caught dead reading Clarin. They prefer la Nacion.

Moreover,it is a stretch to say that reader comments (versus a scientific poll of a random sample of Argentinos) provide a clear cut guide to real sentiment.

Finally, seeing is not always believing. I remember well watching a May day march supporting Kirchner back when Cristina was running for office made up of unemployed "supporters" from other provinces were paid to come to the Capital Federal to participate in the parade supporting the Kirchners. I doubt that they had a clue who they were supporting.

dr__dawggy said:
Most of those who oppose Kirchner would not be caught dead reading Clarin. They prefer la Nacion.

Moreover,it is a stretch to say that reader comments (versus a scientific poll of a random sample of Argentinos) provide a clear cut guide to real sentiment.

Finally, seeing is not always believing. I remember well watching a May day march supporting Kirchner back when Cristina was running for office made up of unemployed "supporters" from other provinces were paid to come to the Capital Federal to participate in the parade supporting the Kirchners. I doubt that they had a clue who they were supporting.

Your comments have no validity . Did you bother to read the comments? Very telling that there were Clarin readers

perry said:
Your comments have no validity . Did you bother to read the comments? Very telling that there were Clarin readers

Of course I wouldn't expect them to publish negative comments about him at this point. Might be seen as petty or in bad taste given their long standing problems with the Nestor.

gouchobob said:
Of course I wouldn't expect them to publish negative comments about him at this point. Might be seen as petty or in bad taste given their long standing problems with the Nestor.

You have to have the last word and this must be the most ironic post you have written since you have been on the forum. As everyone is well aware Clarin are no supporters of the Kirchners and they publish reader letters as they come good or bad. 90 percent of the comments have been positive and that shares with my own chats I have had with many people today .

Let the poor man rest in peace and give his family the respect they deserve in their grief thank you.......

SaraSara said:
If that is being "speechless", I'd hate being within hearing range when you are verbose...!:D:p:D

And now, Moxon, I'll hold you to your promise to ignore my posts. As I will yours - too predictable.

p.s. Sorry, but my source of prime hallucinogenic mushrooms is only shared with close friends and associates - you'll have to be content with those inferior ones within your reach.

I am familiar with the pattern Sara, so I assume that we can accept your silence regarding the debated points as yet another tacit acknowledgment of error on your behalf.

Just one last question, the fact that you apparently entirely missed the passing of this law which was all over the media, which drew thousands to plazas in manifestations, which received media attention all over Latin America and beyond, does this engender any desire in you to attempt to inform yourself about the events in your country?

PS - typing ≠ speech

perry said:
You have to have the last word and this must be the most ironic post you have written since you have been on the forum. As everyone is well aware Clarin are no supporters of the Kirchners and they publish reader letters as they come good or bad. 90 percent of the comments have been positive and that shares with my own chats I have had with many people today .

I don't how you know what Clarin is doing. My guess is that the really negative readers letters were not published for obvious reasons. Again as was mentioned earlier there will an opinion poll at some point which will confirm he was not a very popular figure. People may say something nice about somebody on the day of their death without really having much or any admiration for the departed.

Some of the petty bickering on this thread is beneath us as supposedly civilized human beings. A man, a husband, father, brother has died today, suddenly and at a young age, perhaps without the chance to make his peace with God. I have barely had a good word to say about him whilst alive but to speak so ill of the dead, without any sense of human sentiment is pretty disgusting. RIP Nestor, you were as flawed as all of us mere human beings. may you find peace and enlightenment whereever your soul finds rest.

perry said:

Let the poor man rest in peace and give his family the respect they deserve in their grief thank you.......
Nestor became a public figure of the highest order. Once you abdicate your private life and cross over to the public domain you relinquish your private status in favor of the spotlight and all that comes with it. Public figures never rest in peace. For better or for worse, it's the price of admission.

dr__dawggy said:

Those "supporters" are paid and brought to BA by the busload when needed. My housekeeper's sister works as a supporter/piquetera: the section boss hands out slips of paper with a place and time, they show up as instructed, and after the "spontaneous" demonstration is over they receive seventy-five pesos apiece. It used to be fifty, but the pay went up with inflation.

All polls show the K's support at around 30%. Anyway, we shall see what happens at election time. The next year is bound to be an "interesting" one in Argentina.

Back