Never Mind The Falklands - Look Out Washington Dc!

I do not know why you Matias bother to explain anything in here. It is like if I go to stormfront and try to explain we are all the same...

I believe in a strong state, with taxes and regulations for every market. I think you can perfectly have futbol para todos and infraestructure, education, etc.

You and most people here. This is why no one wants to invest here and this is why your country will not go anywhere but down, for the foreseeable future. You hate the ones who build and produce, and love the ones who produce nothing, but only take.

14%2B-%2B1.png

You and most people here. This is why no one wants to invest here and this is why your country will not go anywhere but down, for the foreseeable future. You hate the ones who build and produce, and love the ones who produce nothing, but only take.

Regulation is essential even in a market economy, but not in the way that Matías (and many other Argentines) imagine it.

Argentina's holdout dispute spills into the White House: CFK sends letter to Obama questioning Ambassador Soderberg

In a harsh letter, released on Friday, Argentine President Cristina Fernandez urged US President Barack Obama to explain whether ”Nancy Soderberg, the person you have appointed as Chair of the Public Interest Declassification Board (PIDB), which reports directly to the Government of the United States of America, is also the Co-Chair of the American Task Force Argentina (ATFA), an entity specifically created to attack and slander the Argentine Republic and its President.”

http://en.mercopress...sador-soderberg
She is a disgraceful clown

Any increase in popularity is because she's fighting the evil US. And 40% seems high to me. A quick search showed me she has anywhere from 26.5% approval, all the way up to 60% approval, depending on which source you look at. No one I know likes anything the government is doing. That includes poor people (and in fact, I know more poor people than middle class or higher) who get money from the government for their kids (who say they'd rather have a decent job!) and try to find a place to put those kids into schools, where there is no room where they are.

Anyone that is happy with Cristina's policies is either 1) a fanatic or somehow taking advantage of being "with Cristina" or 2) is very ignorant about the realities of what Argentina is doing and buys this crap about her "fighting the good fight".

And all this nonchalant talk of redistributing money for the good of all is a joke. Particularly here - it just plain doesn't happen. But the ignorance of those whose vote it buys is all too real.

Argentina is one of the countries where, the higher or better educated you are, the better you vote. And by "better educated" I don't mean you got a PhD or some university qualifications--I've seen more than one scientist vividly cheer for the K's--I mean good HOME schooling, like I and many of my friends had. Sadly, ours is a little influence on the rest of vast majority of the Argentine people.

Any increase in popularity is because she's fighting the evil US. And 40% seems high to me. A quick search showed me she has anywhere from 26.5% approval, all the way up to 60% approval, depending on which source you look at. No one I know likes anything the government is doing. That includes poor people (and in fact, I know more poor people than middle class or higher) who get money from the government for their kids (who say they'd rather have a decent job!) and try to find a place to put those kids into schools, where there is no room where they are.

Anyone that is happy with Cristina's policies is either 1) a fanatic or somehow taking advantage of being "with Cristina" or 2) is very ignorant about the realities of what Argentina is doing and buys this crap about her "fighting the good fight".

And all this nonchalant talk of redistributing money for the good of all is a joke. Particularly here - it just plain doesn't happen. But the ignorance of those whose vote it buys is all too real.

My sentiments exactly.

...600 million pesos a lot of money for a State?...

Isn't that just about the same amount (in dollars) that was intended for distribution in Santa Cruz, but deposited in "private accounts" in Switzerland by the Kirchners?

...The GDP mutiplied for two at least, and of course the K years is an important variable to expain that...

And the Kirchner's personal wealth increased by over 200 times.

Yep! They did a great job.

Argentina is one of the countries where, the higher or better educated you are, the better you vote. And by "better educated" I don't mean you got a PhD or some university qualifications--I've seen more than one scientist vividly cheer for the K's--I mean good HOME schooling, like I and many of my friends had. Sadly, ours is a little influence on the rest of vast majority of the Argentine people.

I was very pleased to note that many of my eldest sister-in-law's compañeros de colegio (she's graduated and gone on to UADE now) are almost all cognizant of the stupidities being perpetuated in the name of "todos incluidos", which is a great sentiment but not achievable by bringing everyone down to the same common poorness - something which it seems like governments are best at doing and free( r ) markets are best at the opposite.

Her ex-colegio is full of kids whose parents work for the government in one way or another. Granted, most of her friends (whose parents work in private companies) were the most vociferous in their anti-Kirchnerismo/Peronismo beliefs, but some of those who I know their parents work for the government were of the same opinion (peer opinion rubbing off, maybe).

And when Matias starts talking about the problems that happened during the time of "neoliberalismo" here, he completely ignores the fact that the corruption and patronage didn't go away and many bad decisions were made, including how to implement better strategies. Hell, Nestor did a better job of governing than his wife, and they were supposedly both of the same mind, while he was still alive at least.

There's no accounting for political philosophy when the problem is cultural to a great extent.

I have a friend who belongs to the Argentine Libertarian Party - people can say whatever they want to about Libertarianism but it sure would beat the crap out of the current set of politics, even if it only succeeded in lowering the size of government and subsidies and opened up a freer market while still keeping government intact. But Argentina (indeed, the majority, if not the entirety of Latin America) are collectivist societies and such rugged independence is difficult to change over to.

Back