New American Breakfast Restaurant!

Well, unsurprisingly, Randall's has closed permanently:

https://www.facebook.com/randallsbuenosaires?sk=wall

I went there awhile ago when my mum came into town for a visit -- it was embarassingly bad. Terrible service, zero atmosphere, and the brunch cost more than the much MUCH better spread that you get at 900 in Las Canitas. I was extremely disappointed that we went there at all.

For a much better brunch option I would highly recommend 900. $130 pesos for 2 people includes a huge selection of savory and sweet dishes -- fried eggs and sausage, eggs benny, french toast, pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt, finger sandwiches, frijoles refritos, coffee, juice and champagne all included in the price.

That's too bad. I was rooting for the place but I agree, it had zero " onda ". I still have Magdalena's Party and The Office for breakfast though and they have much more onda and much more reasonable prices. The Office has way better burgers too.

I'm going to try 900 soon. Thanks for the recommendation.

syngirl said:
Well, unsurprisingly, Randall's has closed permanently:

https://www.facebook.com/randallsbuenosaires?sk=wall

I went there awhile ago when my mum came into town for a visit -- it was embarassingly bad. Terrible service, zero atmosphere, and the brunch cost more than the much MUCH better spread that you get at 900 in Las Canitas. I was extremely disappointed that we went there at all.

For a much better brunch option I would highly recommend 900. $130 pesos for 2 people includes a huge selection of savory and sweet dishes -- fried eggs and sausage, eggs benny, french toast, pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt, finger sandwiches, frijoles refritos, coffee, juice and champagne all included in the price.

Service in 900 is dismal. Which is a shame, because the food is half decent, if overpriced.

I'm tempted to not recommend Malvón, because I'm worry about all of you sketchy ex-pats flooding the place, but you can really share one of the brunch items because you get so much food. And they run about AR$65-ish.

It's the place for people who want good food and onda, but don't want to gorge themselves.

PS- Randall's was not good. I tried it once and knew that I was never going back. Not for brunch, for a late lunch. All three of us in my group thought that his/her item was not that great.

Randall's started cutting corners too early in the game. I had a couple good experiences, but my last two were so bad, i never went back.

Napoleon said:
PS- Randall's was not good. I tried it once and knew that I was never going back. Not for brunch, for a late lunch. All three of us in my group thought that his/her item was not that great.

Back