American Breakfast

mayra_seattle

Registered
I haven't had pancakes with syrup in almost two years. I heard Randall's used to be the spot but since it's closed now, do any of you know of a good place to get my pancake fix?

If you can't prepare a good stack of pancakes at home you'll never find the right man!

Joe's best flour for pancakes: http://baexpats.org/topic/30288-joe-talks-best-flour-for-making-pancakes/page__hl__%2Bpancake+%2Bflour

I'll point out again that I'm returning for a visit in a few weeks and still have some suitcase space. You want some pancake batter
and or real maple syrup (or the Mrs. Butterworth's/Aunt Jemima kind) I can bring some, but like most things in life, it comes with a
small cost.

PM me if you're interested, I'm already bringing 3 liters of the canadian amber anyways :p

Isn't there a bloke who makes lovely bacon and would deliver too?

I was thinking homemade sausage was the best option or is there something like a breakfast link?

The hard thing about making an American breakfast in BA is finding bacon or decent sausage...

Bacon - Kalinos @ Austria & Beruti. Cut to order, but I suspect it's not smoked...bring your own apple wood.

Magdalena's Party lists pancakes with maple syrup as a brunch item on their website but never tried it so no clue if they still have it or if it's good. They have expat owners so you could ask.

Best bet is to make your own though. You can usually find maple syrup, either at Reale in Recoleta or on Mercado Libre but it's not cheap!

Back