New ATM fee

In the UK you used to get charged 2.50 (15 pesos) for taking your money out of any ATM other than your own branch or partners. And that was a charge for domestic customers. Its not unheard of. They eventually dropped the charges after massive consumer protests.

It's not the charge I object to (we have it in the US as well if you don't use your bank). However the charge in conjunction with a 300 peso limit is outrageous IMO.

And personally, I don't live close to a Citibank branch here so I use the local bank ATMs quite regularly.

Are we back to $300 pesos again. This is really getting to be a drag. Now a fee+++. And then you get to go out and stand in a long line to pay your bills. Unless the pago system goes down. Then you can start over again. Tiresome isn't it?

I took 600 pesos out of the Banco Frances ATM yesterday, 7/17 and got 3.81, no additional fees, and yes Schwab pays any additional fees.

reeldee said:
I took 600 pesos out of the Banco Frances ATM yesterday, 7/17 and got 3.81, no additional fees, and yes Schwab pays any additional fees.

Thanks, Dee. And it's also possible to make back to back withdrawals of $600 pesos.

I used our wachovia card yesterday on a link atm, got 600$ extra no fee.

citygirl said:
It's not the charge I object to (we have it in the US as well if you don't use your bank). However the charge in conjunction with a 300 peso limit is outrageous IMO.

And personally, I don't live close to a Citibank branch here so I use the local bank ATMs quite regularly.

Like I told you I don't have that charge, so it's definitly aimed at Americans. Deal with it

I got 5,33 yesterday. Oanda.com is using 5,41 so there is some exchange-rate loss and I can get take out 2500 in one time and can go to 2700 peso

I am from UK & one of my bank cards (Natwest) gets the charge, one (First Direct) doesn't. So it's not just US cards...

So it depends on which bank you have and not a general charge.

I don't get it and won't pay it neither

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Expat Life 20
P Expat Life 25
D Expat Life 10
S Expat Life 34
S Expat Life 40
Back