New Bilingual Dictionary (Span-Eng) of Argentine Regionalisms

Is it available in book form in the USA, or only in Argentina?
For now it is available in book form in Argentina. I do have some copies at home here in the US (California) if you are interested and would like to send me a PM (don't really know if that is allowed on here).

additionally coger to grab or take is definitely out in argentina. Ok in colombia

"Coger" with the vulgar meaning of "to screw" is included in the dictionary as well. As this definition of "coger" is not used in the majority of Spanish-speaking countries, it classifies as a regionalism.

Excellent! When I'm next in El Ateneo I'll buy two copies: one for here and one for -erme- there. They can go on my bookshelves next to the two copies of the Diccionario del Habla de los Argentinos

Excellent! When I'm next in El Ateneo I'll buy two copies: one for here and one for -erme- there. They can go on my bookshelves next to the two copies of the Diccionario del Habla de los Argentinos

That is great that you want two copies :)

On occasion I consulted the Diccionario del habla de los argentinos when compiling my dictionary. I used to try to get my hands on all the (serious) monolingual dictionaries I could find. Also went and tried to make myself a friend of the Academia Argentina de Letras back in the day.

Thank you for your message.

Back