New Electric Bill Arrived: And The Total Is....

Rich One: 395*0.364 = $143.78

How the hell are you paying $462?

cargo consumo $143.78
Add cargo Fijo $16.70
Res ENRE 10.66
Factor Estabilization 63.17
Cta. Ajuste Anual 35,56
Subtotal $ $269.87

IVA +Other Taxes $75.52
Other charges $ 116.44

Total: $ 461.83

The amount charged for electricity consumed is usually less than half the amount billed.

The rest is a combination of multiple taxes and fees.

Not on my bill. The added taxes and fees are approximately 28% of the charge for electricity. If that were the same for Rich One, it would add about $40 to his bill. I don't understand how his can be so different.

What about you, Steve? Are you generating your own electricity so as not to be beholden to the government?

cargo consumo $143.78
Add cargo Fijo $16.70
Res ENRE 10.66
Factor Estabilization 63.17
Cta. Ajuste Anual 35,56
Subtotal $ $269.87

IVA +Other Taxes $75.52
Other charges $ 116.44

Total: $ 461.83

Wow! That's amazing! What a difference.

Compare that to mine:

ENRE: 11.31
Contribucion Municipal: 7.00
IVA 23.00
Fondo Provincia Santa Cruz !!!!!!!!!!! 0.66

Total taxes and fees: 43.00 (It would/will be 40.00 more with out the subsidy)

LTA, Rich One

P.S. Other charges????

What about you, Steve? Are you generating your own electricity so as not to be beholden to the government?

Since the electricity I use is provided by a coop, paying for it doesn't make me "beholden" to any government.

Interruptions of power where I live are extremely uncommon and are almost always the result of a storm (three or four times per year on average). They rarely last more than a few hours and the same goes for outages due to normal maintenance.

I pay more in taxes and fees than I do in consumption. I can't remember how much more, but there was another thread where I laid out my bill from about 2 months ago (or maybe it was 4?). I haven't seen the new one yet, but I expect it to go up. I'm a high consumer.

I will share mine when it comes. I am about to get a divorce if my husband turns off the a/c again "to prevent surprises with the electricity bill". :rolleyes:

*You made me smile when I read "the dictatorship of hapiness" ... Esa frase va a quedar en la historia. :D

I will share mine when it comes. I am about to get a divorce if my husband turns off the a/c again "to prevent surprises with the electricity bill". :rolleyes:

*You made me smile when I read "the dictatorship of hapiness" ... Esa frase va a quedar en la historia. :D
With the recent hot spell it's been a luxury to have a/c at home, but I'm like your husband and try to use it sparingly because of the shock we're going to receive any minute now.
I don't have a/c in my shop and since it doesn't have any windows and only a frontage, all the fans do is move the hot air from one corner to another.
I may have to bite the bullet and get it installed for my sanity.

Although I have never witnessed any power cut in my building but I hardly ever use air conditioners. Just fresh air and cool light clothes are enough.

Back