New Electric Bill Arrived: And The Total Is....

You want people to conserve energy - so you do not want subsidies here (except maybe for very low income households and also only up to a certain point of usage).

On the other hand you want people to use public transportation instead of their motorbike or car. So you want subsidies here.

That's the point: saving energy has nothing to do with the rise of the price in buses, gas,, energy, food, tax, everything.

In my country people were sharing consumption for heating and water, and they were paying a lot. After the law to separate all came out, consumption fall by at least 25% of everything. For all country change was significant and some expansions of infrastructure was even cancelled.

The same went for electricity, when the price went up, people started to care and even if there is much more electronic devices these days, consumption is not growing for households.

In Argentina no one cares about electricity and they are using it too much without need. This has to stop, no matter how you achieve it. You can give social help and I doubt people will spend it for mindlessly used electricity.

For public transportation, I don't see people driving with buses for sheer fun, while air conditioning can run even when they are not at home..

Again, the rise has nothing to do with saving energy. It is related to having a ceo of shell as energy minister, it is related with the President having free vacation at the estancia of the owner or an electricity company. The transportation minister Dietrich sells cars!

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Dietrich

How do you explain, then, that the meet cost arise so much? Are vegans at the goverment and they want to save cows lifes? I doubt it.

Maybe it's related to the 6% fiscal deficit? But hey, that was the number for 2015 and Macri got his presidency in 2015, so it's clearly his fault...

The rise has everything to do with savings and investments in infrastructure. I can't seriously expect to have good service for 22p per month?! Maybe they just want to rob additional money, but for this case there are other instances that should intervene.

I know your bill is higher, but for what I'm spending now, in Spain they would charge me at least 40€,like 30 times more. In Slovenia similar amount. How it can be, that in Argentina they can provide the service for 2% of the price abroad, when everything else has similar price? It doesn't sum up, no matter how you turn...

Large increases in electric rates have happened in the past.

I posted this on February 7th 2009:

My electric bill also recently doubled... to a rate of about $35 dollars a month.....

I have friends in the US who are paying several times that.

At the time I was using the A/C in my apartment as much as desired, but never when I was gone from the apartment for more than an hour and rarely when I was sleeping (I prefer using a fan at night).

This past summer I did not use the A/C in my house even once, and I've only used it several times per year since moving here in 2010.

My previous two bills (for two months each) were almost exactly $500 pesos without a subsidy (about the same amount I was paying in dollars in 2009).

I expect the next bill (which should arrive in the next week) to reflect the new rates.
emo32.gif

Maybe it's related to the 6% fiscal deficit? But hey, that was the number for 2015 and Macri got his presidency in 2015, so it's clearly his fault...

Perhaps finally we agree.
Macri lifted the tax to:
A) farmers 32 billion pesos less;
B ) industry 10.4 billion pesos;
C) minery 3.4 billion pesos less.

Here you have the 6% deficit you talk about.

However, i would like to be included in the tax lift because i have to pay 21% sales tax and 35% income tax.

Did you know that now electricity pays 27 instead of 21% tax?

The rise has everything to do with savings and investments in infrastructure. I can't seriously expect to have good service for 22p per month?! Maybe they just want to rob additional money, but for this case there are other instances that should intervene.

I know your bill is higher, but for what I'm spending now, in Spain they would charge me at least 40€,like 30 times more. In Slovenia similar amount. How it can be, that in Argentina they can provide the service for 2% of the price abroad, when everything else has similar price? It doesn't sum up, no matter how you turn...

I m paying the same than I used to pay in NYC. I m not talking about subsidies.

Back