New Entrance fees for Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stella

Registered
I understand there is now an entrance fee of $130US per person which covers a 10 year period? Would I still be paying the exit fee as well when departing?

Please list any events taking place from May 7-June 5 as this is when my husband and myself will be visiting relatives in BA.

Thanks so much.

Stella

The exit fee is now (or should be anyway) included in the price of your airline ticket. & yes, you do pay the exit fee even if you pay an entrance fee.

The fee is US$131. Make sure you bring that extra dollar.

The exit fee is listed as kind of an airport tax. I think that Argentines pay this as well, but I don't know.

"10 Years"... It's good as long as you have the same passport. Once you get a new one, you pay the US$131 again... or whatever the latest administration requires to fund their vacation homes/ luxury hotels.

The 'exit fee' is an airport tax and everyone pays it, Argentines included. It has nothing to do with the reprocity fee paid by Canadians, US-americans and Australians.
As far as I know every major airport in the World has an equivalent airport tax, which is almost always included in the flight price.

Thank you all so much for your rapid response. Last year I remember they charged us at the airport in BA extra for an exit fee when we were departing. I did not know it should be included in the ticket price and I will check that with our airline.

The name Malbec always reminds me of that wonderful Argentine wine that I am looking forward to having again.

I will check th expats events and the Buenos Aires Herald Day by Day section for any events that may take place in May.

Gracias.

Stella said:
Thank you all so much for your rapid response. Last year I remember they charged us at the airport in BA extra for an exit fee when we were departing. I did not know it should be included in the ticket price and I will check that with our airline.

Now it is. It wasn't before.

mini said:
The exit fee is now (or should be anyway) included in the price of your airline ticket. & yes, you do pay the exit fee even if you pay an entrance fee.

Yes. Last year was the transition year during which the airport tax payment booths were closed down and only people who had purchased their tickets waaaay in advance didn't have the fee included. All air tickets bought nowadays will include all the fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back