New Exchange Rate On Wednesday

Bring back Moreno, all is forgiven.

LOL.

Its what Prat Gay said, "We're not going to use the extortion of Moreno but this is also not the law of the jungle."

I am watching this with caution. I am going to freak out when there actually are signs to freak out. So far 2/2 freak out threads on this forum have been overblown BS.

[ Bajo_cero2, on 17 December 2015 - 02:43 AM, said: I m not a native speaker, if you got offended, this is your problem.]

Apologies to the rest of the forum for diverting attention from this otherwise very important and interesting thread. I just feel the need to respond to Bajo's Personal insult and subsequent refusal to apologize, if you will all grant me this indulgence.

Bajo:
Ignorance of a language is not an excuse. If you accidentally insult someone because of your linguistic ineptitude, the only correct reaction is to say "I am sorry that I offended you through my own ignorance," rather than to say "I do not speak your language well, so if you were offended, this is your problem, not mine."

The people on this forum, for the most part, are not native Spanish speakers; we have our own problems expressing ourselves in another language, so we understand and sympathize with your ineptitude. But when you accuse a member of the forum of "vomiting hatred" and then, instead of apologizing for the offense, you say "I m not a native speaker, if you got offended, this is your problem," then I feel your own problem is one not of language but of basic manners. Allow me to help you.

When you insult someone, even accidentally, through ignorance of the language you are attempting to speak or for any other reason, it is incumbent upon you to apologize. Period.
A real apology must take the form "I am sorry that I _____."
A fake apology takes the form "I am sorry that you took offense."
A non-apology takes the form "If you were offended, this is your problem."

The above is a lesson provided gratis. For all future assistance, you will receive my invoice.

If you have nothing better to do, apparently like TN staff, you can watch this live feed of the dollar price: http://tn.com.ar/http%3A//tn.com.ar/internacional/vivo-paris_635522

Its like magic ,,,!! years of suffering and Prat Gay in 2 days eliminates Retenciones and el Cepo. Its all a dream come true??

5 % tax for cash Foreign exchange transactions ??

Its like magic ,,,!! years of suffering and Prat Gay in 2 days eliminates Retenciones and el Cepo. Its all a dream??

5 % tax for cash Foreign exchange transactions ??

No 5% on tourism related purchases done in cash. I don't understand the "why" very well. Someone more informed could probably explain this in more detail.

Ámbito is reporting that most banks aren't selling dollars "until they can adapt to the new BCRA rules", so one would expect the rate to be much more volatile once people start being allowed to buy.

Gold stars to the brave expat who goes to an ATM to withdraw cash to see what the rate is.

No 5% on tourism related purchases done in cash. I don't understand the "why" very well. Someone more informed could probably explain this in more detail.

AFAIK, simply to give an incentive to people to operate within the financial system. People are conditioned to do stuff in cash without having a reason why - just a general impulse to stay off the books as much as possible.

5% is considered enough to nudge people towards being within the financial system absent a good reason not to, without being overly oppressive for those who do have such a reason. EDIT: If you want to be cynical, 5% is also a small enough margin to not justify the creation of a parallel (black/blue/fuchsia) market.

Hi everyone.

Hope you are all well - it has been a while since I posted...I am back in Argentina for a few weeks for Christmas/New Years.

Has anyone used an overseas master card yet today? I was wanting to try mine out, but not game to yet! I checked the master card global rates and they haven't been updated..but maybe that is cause 17 Dec haven't been published yet??

https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/

I would call or check with your bank first. Schwab uses visa's rates which haven't updated yet.

https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html/

Back