New Immigration Decree, Long Life To King Macri!

I do not understand why he is surprised.
You know how difficult if to rent without garantia. It is possible at the Villa.

Villa 31 is the result of bad social engineering, specifically open borders combined with a socioeconomic policy that can not provide decent opportunities/employment for the new arrivals. For many immigrants the freebies they can receive in Arg make life here better compared to the extreme poverty/hardship they would suffer in their country of origin (mainly Paraguay and Bolivia).

I have long thought that given the prime location of Villa 31, the entire area ought to be acquired by the state (using eminent domain to purchase from lawful title holders), scraped clear, and sold to developers for middle class and market oriented housing and commerce. The revenue from the sale of such prime land, together with the revenue flow created by its post-developed tax base, could finance the construction of new, subsidized, low income housing in the suburbs as well as upgraded transportation systems to facilitate commutes to the urban job centers.

This would be a win-win situation. The inhabitants of V31 would have decent housing at a low cost (albeit more than a few blocks from the best parts of the Recoleta) and the state would earn revenue from development of the area. Furthermore, many new jobs in construction of housing and repairing the infrastructure would be created giving employment opportunities needed by the displaced inhabitants and others further augmenting tax revenue for the state.

All it takes is a leader(ship) with the vision and determination to make BA/Arg a better place. You have to break eggs to make an omelet.

http://www.thebubble.com/argentina-could-be-getting-a-new-immigration-police-force/

Today I was passing thru Ezeiza, I could sense things are getting more serious than before.

Everyone being asked to remove shoes for security checks.

Immigration officers at departure Ezeiza asking more questions than normal.

Lets hope for the best.

I have long thought that given the prime location of Villa 31, the entire area ought to be acquired by the state (using eminent domain to purchase from lawful title holders),

There are no lawful title holders. That entire place is based on squatters occupying land back in the 40s.

What every happened to the urbanization that was supposed to take place? There were plans put in place back in 2010/11 and then I never really heard anything else about it.

There are no lawful title holders. That entire place is based on squatters occupying land back in the 40s.
Not surprising, but most jurisdictions practice the legal concept known as title by adverse possession which creates good legal title in those who have possessed and occupied property continuously for a number of years, usually between 7-10. That concept could easily be applied to those in possession of properties in V31. It would not offend my sense of fairness to do so.

Not surprising, but most jurisdictions practice the legal concept known as title by adverse possession which creates good legal title in those who have possessed and occupied property continuously for a number of years, usually between 7-10. That concept could easily be applied to those in possession of properties in V31. It would not offend my sense of fairness to do so.
Villa 31 started in 1932, I guess this is another reason why getting the people to leave is not easy.

Tighter controls on people crossing borders by bus http://www.clarin.com/politica/controles-migratorios-ahora-pediran-informacion-pasajeros-omnibus_0_B1hqeszOx.html

You are right in saying that there is a high rich-poor divide here. But consider this: unlike the countries you mention, Argentina freely accepts all immigrants from Mercosur countries, no questions asked. Once here, they have access to free medical care, free schools, and free universities.

The shacks outside Retiro are in the Villa 31. My cousin is an architect working for CABA, and five years ago surveyed the Villa to determine the feasibility of urbanizing it. To his surprise, he found that 60% of the residents came from neighboring countries, mostly from Paraguay.
Just a small correction, is near 90% of the people there, but the children born here are now argentineans.

What every happened to the urbanization that was supposed to take place? There were plans put in place back in 2010/11 and then I never really heard anything else about it.

Wrong.
Usucapion is an institution that has over 2000 years old.
Usucapion means that the illegality of the occupation can become a legal tittle of ownership after 10 years if it is in good faith and 20 years if if it is in bad faith.
Most of the houses there have legal tittle of ownership.
Only the new houses has not.

Villa 31 started in 1932, I guess this is another reason why getting the people to leave is not easy.

Perhaps because they own the land and the only problem is that some people do not like the architecture and the color of the skin of the inhabitants...

Back