New International Credit Cards With Chips. A Problem?

Rich One

Registered
I hear that these cards may not work at some ATM in local banks as well as in Colonia for extractions? My new Citicard works fine at the Citibank Special ATM , however it shows is a special Chip Card.

Any comments or experiences.?

About withdrawals, I do not know. I have never tried to withdraw anything from a credit card because the only few times I tired resulted in my bank calling about some shady business. It's a Russian Roulette whenever I try to pay with it. Some places take it, some not at all, although recently there has been less problems with it. Some supermarkets require telephonic authorization, which is a nightmare. It's impossible to buy things on the Internet with them. At least this is my experience. It is a Visa from Bank of America.

More and more places take CCs with chip without a single problem, they don't even bat an eyelid. As for bank cards with the chip, I don't know if it is all bank crads or just my Canadian issued one, but it appears to only work in certain banks -- namely ICBC banks, Citi and Santander Rio (SOME only) -- I don't use my card all that often so I can't tell you more, and I honestly have no idea if it is to do with the chip or what -- I only discovered it late last year and hadn't used the thing in months so it may be 2 yrs that it's been like that for all I know!

Back