New location for foreigners to apply for and renew the DNI.

steveinbsas

Registered
After many delays, applications for a new DNI as well as renewals for foreigners are now being processed in the ground floor of the Immigration Museum behind the Immigration Offices on Antardida.

The telephone number to obtain a "turno" to apply for a new DNI is 5222-7117 Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 16:00. I don't think renewals require an appointment and I don't know how many turnos for renewals will be given daily. I'll find out next week.

I've been trying all day, and to no avail.....option 2 than.....ker-plunk hang up..!:eek:

Neil said:
I've been trying all day, and to no avail.....option 2 than.....ker-plunk hang up..!:eek:

It's probably best if you wait until after the new year. I wouldn't be surprised if they are short staffed at the moment.

steveinbsas said:
After many delays, applications for a new DNI as well as renewals for foreigners are now being processed in the ground floor of the Immigration Museum behind the Immigration Offices on Antardida.

The telephone number to obtain a "turno" to apply for a new DNI is 5222-7117 Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 16:00. I don't think renewals require an appointment and I don't know how many turnos for renewals will be given daily. I'll find out next week.

Hello Steve.

Can you give me the exact address. I will walk over there. No possibility of doing this online I suppose?

JoAnn

Dirección Nacional de Migraciones: Av. Antártida Argentina 1355

No, it isn't possible on line...only in person...and only after waiting in line.

steveinbsas said:
Dirección Nacional de Migraciones: Av. Antártida Argentina 1355

No, it isn't possible on line...only in person...and only after waiting in line.

BTW - I just went yesterday and finally got my precaria (woohoo!).

They have moved the offices where the applications are made (as steve made reference to). It used to be at Building "D", which faced Antartida and the parking lot right outside. Now it is back behind all the buildings that are out in front. The only way I can describe where to go is to go into what almost looks like a large commercial-like garage door opening to the left of the big building that "C" and "D" are part of, go to the back end of the building down the drive, which turns to the right to pass behind that building and then in front of the building next door, which is set back from the parking lot.

"C" and "D" were signs on the first two doors to the left of the building in front. I don't really know why they are called that, or where "A" and "B" are.

Also, don't look at either Google or the block numbers on the actual road - they are off about 500 meters (for real!).

The immigration building is right next to Buquebus, toward the old sailing ship that the Argentine Navy keeps up.

I have tried calling several phone numbers for days now, including 5222-7117, to request a turno to submit an application for a new DNI but never get through. Has any one had luck - or should I just go to the above mentioned address and hope for the best?

Ring ring ring......has anyone got through yet????:rolleyes:

Good news to report! I got through today on the phone and received an appointment date of March 18, 2010.

That phone number has apparently changed (not that you'll be informed of this by any government web site or by calling any related numbers). Just so you don't have to first be directed to the old offices on 25 de Mayo, then go to the new offices near the immigration museum to stand in line behind 60 odd people to finally reach the front only to be given a piece of paper with the new phone number on it to request a turno at the very same place (breath) - here is the new number:

4317 0234 option 2 (mon-fri 7am-9pm)

Back