New passport for police clearance

ahava92

Registered
I am supposed to be coming to Buenos Aires soon for work.

There is no way that I can attain a police clearance from everywhere I have lived (it takes over 3 month in one of the countries i was in) in time to start working shortly. I do not have any kind of criminal record whatsoever.

I am planning on submitting a brand new passport to the Argentine embassy here in the US. Does the Argentine embassy in Argentina or the Argentine embassy in the USA have any way of knowing whether I had a previous passport or the countries I have been to?

I am a little concerned that they may have technology which can tell them these things.

If you comment, can you please tell me what your source is (ie, personal experience, a friend that got a new passport, etc)

Thanks so much!

If you lived in a previous country over 6 months continuously, you need to get police verification only from those countries. Not each and every country you visited for work or holidays.

If you submit a new passport and you were born in that country, where passport is issued from, it would definitely help erase your previous travel records.

I was in a very similar dilemma few years ago!

Hope this helps.

Thank you Ceviche.

I am aware that I need police clearances from where I have lived for longer than 1 year in the past 3 years; that is exactly the problem.

I am from (born in) the USA. I have lived in 2 foreign countries (not the USA) that refuse to give me a police clearance in a timely manner (less than 3 months and tons of headache).

That is exactly why I am planning on getting a new US passport. I am wondering if the Argentine embassy in the USA or Argentina can check on where I have been from my new USA passport alone.

I would really really appreciate if someone could give me feedback about my specific case.

Thank you.

Since you will be submitting a new passport, with no stamps etc, i wouldnt tell them anything. Just get your police clearance for the USA. They probably wont even ask. They didnt ask for me. I just submitted what i could for the visa.

ahava92,

Nobody in migraciones has that kind of time or incentive.

do not worry about it.

Get a new passport and thats it.

you will have no problem.

The thing that also concerns me is that my company has my resume with all the foreign places I have worked, so I hope they don't pass that information on to the Argentine embassy/Micraciones in Argentina. Does anybody know if that is necessary info to obtain a work permit/entry visa?

BellaLove said:
The thing that also concerns me is that my company has my resume with all the foreign places I have worked, so I hope they don't pass that information on to the Argentine embassy/Micraciones in Argentina. Does anybody know if that is necessary info to obtain a work permit/entry visa?

You must chill!

Step 1) Get new passport.

Step 2) Stop worrying about it.

suerte

The document for police clearance (antecedentes penales) is only good for 6 months, so it seems to me you only need to be cleared in the last place you resided.

Back