New Policy at Starbucks, No Purchase necessary...

Perhaps, but I seriously doubt the new policy will extend to any of their stores in BA. Will see....but so far the one guard who approached us appears to have given up on the subject for now. On the contrary, in subsequent meet-ups, he has gone out of his way to greet the group by offering a handshake to each of us. I limit my greeting to a "buenas noches". Personally I think he is a slimy hypocrite. The plus for the coffee chat group is that we meet on Tuesdays. As opposed to being there on a Fri afternoon when the outdoor area is full to capacity.

Perhaps, but I seriously doubt the new policy will extend to any of their stores in BA. Will see....but so far the one guard who approached us appears to have given up on the subject for now. On the contrary, in subsequent meet-ups, he has gone out of his way to greet the group by offering a handshake to each of us. I limit my greeting to a "buenas noches". Personally I think he is a slimy hypocrite. The plus for the coffee chat group is that we meet on Tuesdays. As opposed to being there on a Fri afternoon when the outdoor area is full to capacity.

I avoid starbucks like the plague; bitter overpriced coffee served (at least in the US) by a staff too busy to care other then pointing to a tip jar. I must admit I've never entered starbucks here in BS AS, and wouldn't were it free.

I avoid starbucks like the plague; bitter overpriced coffee served (at least in the US) by a staff too busy to care other then pointing to a tip jar. I must admit I've never entered starbucks here in BS AS, and wouldn't were it free.

The advantage for the Coffee Chat group to meet in the outdoor public area adjacent to Starbucks is that they provide 2 large tables with seating for 8 each. But we don't all necessarily have to consume their products. There is also a McCafe 15 meters away but without outdoor seating. When there I prefer to buy their lattes if I am in the mood for coffee. Yet, I can attest that the staff at this Starbucks is quite friendly and accommodating although the turnover is fast and furious. We use their bathrooms and ask them to call the mall office to turn on the outdoor heaters. And all, but one of the security guards who are employees of the mall, behave in a professional manner.

Last edited:
It is a great venue to meet. I dont like the Starbucks coffee either but we dont have to have their coffee it is an outdoor place to meet. It has worked well when I attended and we stay way beyond the 1930 mark.
:) see ya tomorrow!! with my MickyD's cafe!

To be fair, most coffee shops in Argentina don't know what a latte is. Forget about iced coffee.

Back