New Policy at Starbucks, No Purchase necessary...

Starbucks really sells a relaxed, comfortable environment with good WiFi. All else is secondary.

I've used Starbucks' WiFi for many years and have yet to be hacked. Of course, I only use it to read the papers, or check the weather. All public access systems, like hotels or airports, are vulnerable to hacking.

I hate to even enter a SB.....for free wifi, Burger King or MickyD's ok and far more readily available.

The good thing about Starbucks is it does not smell of fried stuff. Frankly, I don't understand why so many hate it with such passion. Why is it? Anyone, please, enlighten me....! Seems like a pretty bland franchise chain.

The good thing about Starbucks is it does not smell of fried stuff. Frankly, I don't understand why so many hate it with such passion. Why is it? Anyone, please, enlighten me....! Seems like a pretty bland franchise chain.

Bland is absolutely correct. What better reason to hate them? Overpriced, and the ones who led the pack in overpriced coffee? Stupid names for coffee and sizes of drinks? Dumbing down of the coffee culture? They don't teach their employees about coffee, they teach them about Starbucks coffee. Speaking of bland, the bland wind chime music they seem to love so much?

BTW, not a franchise operation.

Back