New rapid diagnostic test developed by ARG scientists

So NeoWonk needs a Neokit. Got it.
[/QUO
NEOKIT-COVID-19...a somewhat of an answer to NeoWonk's particular question was in the Infobae article which I posted at the beginning of this thread. I re-posted highlighting that info in said article.

The NEOKIT-COVID-19,
Is it available to be used by the "private sector"? Your private physician may have the answer. I presume getting the test done at a private facility will require a prescription.
I asked at the local Farmacia Azul about NEOKIT-COVID-19 a few days after it hit the news. Asked if they would be available through the pharmacy. At first the attendant appeared to not know anything about it. Then brushed me off with a NO, and you have to go to a lab for tests.

I asked at the local Farmacia Azul about NEOKIT-COVID-19 a few days after it hit the news. Asked if they would be available through the pharmacy. At first the attendant appeared to not know anything about it. Then brushed me off with a NO, and you have to go to a lab for tests.
Excerpt from the article: 15 May 2020.....
Private medical centers and laboratories that do the tests
.......As reported by the Confederacion Unificada Bioquima (CUBRA); Adecra and Cedim, which represent private medical centers and diagnostic and treatment entities, both associated with the Argentine Union of Private Sector Health Entities (UAS), these are the main centers that perform Covid-19 tests:

Ciudad de Buenos Aires:

Centralab , Flores, Belgrano, Botánico, Caballito, Congreso, Liniers, Palermo, Recoleta, Retiro, Villa Crespo

Diagnóstico Maipú , Belgrano

Diagnóstico Médico , Belgrano

Laboratorio Cemic , Parque Saavedra and Palermo

Laboratorio Centralab , Flores, Belgrano, Caballito

Sanatorio Finochietto , Recoleta

Laboratorio Hidalgo , Recoleta

Hospital Aleman , Recoleta

Hospital Británico , Parque Patricios

Hospital Italiano , Almagro

Imat , Recoleta

Laboratorio Manlab , Recoleta

Laboratorio de Medicina , Almagro, Palermo and Paternal

Laboratorio Rapela , Belgrano and Barrio Norte

Laboratorio Rapela, Flores, San Cayetano, Sanatorio Pasteleros, ITACores,

Laboratorio Rossi , Abasto

Laboratorio Stamboulian , contact different branches

Laboratorio Swiss Medical Group , Recoleta

VZ Laboratorios , Villa Urquiza y diferentes sedes

.....followed by the list of laboratories in Provincia De Buenos Aires.....

Those interested in obtaining the test as a private patient, utilizing the NEOKIT-COVID-19, can contact all the lab facilities listed in the article to inquire if they are (1) administering the test, (2) at what cost and (3) does the patient need a medical prescription.

Last edited:
13 June 2020
Coronavirus in Argentina. Creation of a test "criollo" to detect Covid-19
In early March, a week after the first confirmed case of Covid-19 in the country was registered, Diego Comerci, a researcher at Conicet and the National University of San Martín, met with national government officials to make a proposal : Instead of investing a donation in importing tests, he would develop the machine to make the kits in the country and would give away the first 10,000 for free. In this way, he argued, not only would
two national technology companies be promoted, but independence would be gained and exportable products would be generated....
....As explained by Enio García, head of advisers to the government of the Province of Buenos Aires, they will shortly begin to test these locally developed tests because "you have to see how they work in the territory, which is different from analyzing them in the laboratory."

Coronavirus en la Argentina. Crean un test bien "criollo" para detectar Covid-19
To validate the first Covid-19 rapid molecular test in Latin America, they worked together with the Malbrán Institute
"We are at 100% specificity and 95% / 98% sensitivity," says Comerci. "Where we can have a failure is in people who are recovering and in whom the amount of virus is very, very, very low or sporadic. But the test is not intended for that, but for mass analysis, as quickly as possible, in places where there are outbreaks. Then, once the patient is identified, Malbrán follows. I think that It will be the work routine.

Well, this explains why there's been no news on the NEOKIT Covid-19, until now. My personal hope for a fast, cheap test that could change our social lives and allow us to confidently be together with other non-virus infected others without fear of spending or becoming infected by others.
All sorts of human behavior could be re-developed in that environment.
Fascinating article and shines a light on the complicated nature of creating, proofing, testing, expanding access of a simple test for the complexities of this virus. Kudos to the co-ordination by the government agencies removing the roadblocks to equipment. And what a coup if Argentina can develop, brand, use and become an exporter to the world.
Thank you Gracielle

13 June 2020
Coronavirus in Argentina. Creation of a test "criollo" to detect Covid-19
In early March, a week after the first confirmed case of Covid-19 in the country was registered, Diego Comerci, a researcher at Conicet and the National University of San Martín, met with national government officials to make a proposal : Instead of investing a donation in importing tests, he would develop the machine to make the kits in the country and would give away the first 10,000 for free. In this way, he argued, not only would
two national technology companies be promoted, but independence would be gained and exportable products would be generated....
....As explained by Enio García, head of advisers to the government of the Province of Buenos Aires, they will shortly begin to test these locally developed tests because "you have to see how they work in the territory, which is different from analyzing them in the laboratory."
Here the info is more accurate:
You should go to the source instead of La Nacion: www.youtube.com/ExactasUBAoficial

1E68B1D3-BFDC-4430-A63D-9B0EC7616C3E.jpegHere you have the scientist explaining it:

Last edited:
This part of the Youtube presentations gets right to the practical points!
Shows and discusses the practical aspects of using the NeoKit and a look at the Kit's parts, how to use it, time it takes, number of uses in one kit.
Looks like it can be used 'on the spot' and does not need a Laboratory involved. Although the "amplification" aspect that has been developed in conjunction withe NeoKit might.
Looks like with the NeoKit you can quickly perform the test and have a result in 60 minutes. They discuss applications like 'at the airport' or 'before a football game'.

If going to the testing center and you didn't have Corona Virus, you'll likely have it after the test since many of the people in the testing center will have it...

Back