New rentista visa requirements

Bajo_cero2 said:
So you have to prove that you have arraigo and the will to live here.
In fact when they give you the permanent residence it is with multiple entrance, there is only one limit, you can´t be abroad more than 11 months and 27 days.
Do you mean cannot be abroad for 11 months & 27 days continuously? or 11 months & 27 days out of the 2 years of legal residence?
What i mean is, can return to Argentina once every 11 months, stay for 3 weeks, then leave for another 11 months, then return for 3 weeks? And still qualify for citizenship?

gunt86 said:
Do you mean cannot be abroad for 11 months & 27 days continuously? or 11 months & 27 days out of the 2 years of legal residence?
What i mean is, can return to Argentina once every 11 months, stay for 3 weeks, then leave for another 11 months, then return for 3 weeks? And still qualify for citizenship?

Wouldn't eleven months and 27 days only leave three days that one would need to be in Argentina, as opposed to three weeks?

steveinbsas said:
Wouldn't eleven months and 27 days only leave three days that one would need to be in Argentina, as opposed to three weeks?
you are assuming there is some relationship between the numbers i used. there is no relationship, otherwise i would have specified it.......it is simply a question about continuous presence/absence or cumulative presence/absence.

It is important to me to learn what the in country physical presence requirements are for a valid citizenship petition. I travel a lot and so am not in country often nor for long durations.

gunt86 said:
you are assuming there is some relationship between the numbers i used. there is no relationship, otherwise i would have specified it.......it is simply a question about continuous presence/absence or cumulative presence/absence.

If I had permanent residency and spent a lot of time out of Argentina, I would want to know exactly how much time I had to be here in any time span to retain my permanent residency. If I only had to be here one day out of every two years I might only return for that one day.

If I had to be in Argentina for a specific number of days, months, and/or years to qualify for citizenship I would want to know the exact number as well.

Prior to today I had only "heard" that two consecutive (and uninterrupted) years of "residency" was required prior to obtaining citizenship. If it's possible to leave for even a few days during those two years I would want to know that, too.

No. To full fit the standard for citizenship you must be living here for 2 years. You can leave the country, the CN has not the requisite of being here the whole 2 years. As soon as this is all about Constitutional interpretation this is up to judges interpretation and I can only predict possibles interpretations. So, you home must be here. If you can prove that it should be enough. Let me read the complete precedent of the Supreme Court. However, there is a lot if valuable info in the resume I contl copy.

"En síntesis, ni la Constitución Nacional ni su ley reglamentaria exigen más que los dos años continuos de residencia para que un extranjero pueda solicitar su naturalización.- "
"En definitiva, las particularidades del caso dan muestra de un "recto comportamiento durante un tiempo razonablemente suficiente para ponerlo a prueba y acreditar que responde a una leal voluntad de arraigo y subordinación a los principios rectores de la vida nacional, que habilite para invocar la garantía constitucional de permanecer en el territorio" "

1 day every 2 years abroad is related to keeping the administrative status of permanent resident.

Regards

Steve, the only way to answer properly is to know exactly the facts of your case. If you feel like, call me or mail me. Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
So, you home must be here.

Does this mean you own property, as in have physical ties here.
Would this work for someone like me, who is classed in their home country as a non-resident because they dont live in the country, or own any property there - not that i own anything here either ?

In theory could i just apply to become a citizen instead of applying for a rentista visa as i have lived here since January 2007 - not all year, but spent more time here than anywhere else?

davonz said:
Would this work for someone like me, who is classed in their home country as a non-resident because they dont live in the country, or own any property there - not that i own anything here either ?

If you can prove that you have non resident category in your country it helps to prove that you are an inhabitant here.

davonz said:
In theory could i just apply to become a citizen instead of applying for a rentista visa as i have lived here since January 2007 - not all year, but spent more time here than anywhere else?

Yes.
But, do you speak and read spanish?

Anyway, every case must be studied.

Regards

davonz said:

Dave from New Zealand,
Do you know for a fact that you were admitted into Argentina on a RENTISTA VISA? The reason i ask, is that many of the things you state about your situation make me think that you may have in fact been granted a WORKING HOLIDAY VISA, which Argentina only grants to Irish or New Zealand citizens. You should read your documentation very carefully, and you should hire a lawyer. Your muddled journey through migraciones makes me think of Bret and Jemaine.

I was at the Federal Chamber and after that I was at the precedent library. They are very well organized. They gave me the whole precedents about citizenship from the 11 judges and the chamber. It´s a lot of info, so on monday I´m going to check this out properly. I was too busy today.

There seems to be 3 categories:
a) You have DNI and have been 2 years with no exit. It is simple papework. The tramite is for free, you don´t need a lawyer.

b) You have DNI and you have exit the country. You need a lawyer because he had to explain in paper why you full fit the requisites anyway. The case might be win with the judge, the chamber or the Supreme Court.

c) You haven´t DNI but you have been more that 2 years going to Colonia. You need a lawyer. The case might be win at the Supreme Court. We have to create a leading case.

I have to go.

Regards

Back