New rentista visa requirements

Bajo_cero2 said:
..... there is only one limit, you can´t be abroad more than 11 months and 27 days.
Do you mean cannot be abroad for 11 months & 27 days continuously? or 11 months & 27 days out of the 2 years of legal residence?
What i mean is, can return to Argentina once every 11 months, stay for 3 weeks, then leave for another 11 months, then return for 3 weeks? And still qualify for citizenship?

Bajo_cero2 said:
In fact when they give you the permanent residence it is with multiple entrance, there is only one limit, you can´t be abroad more than 11 months and 27 days.

Another Argentine "attorney" recently posted that the permanent residency required the visa holder to set foot on Argentine soil only one day in a 24 month period.

Which is correct?

domdom said:
.. We are a group of french in Cordoba and we already informed the General Consul in B Aires and asked him to take action.

Are you hoping to get migraciones to roll back the income requirement for renewals for those who were issued the visas in the past to the same level at which they first qualified for the visa, even when the previous income requirement applied to an an individual and his/her dependents, rather than to each individual (as the new requirement does)?

Don't the "regulations" (then and now) stipulate that the visa will be granted to those foreigners who can demonstrate that they have "sufficient" income to support themselves during the term for which they have permission to stay? If that is the case, I think it will be very difficult to convince migraciones that a family or even individuals can "support" themselves at the previous levels.

steveinbsas said:
Another Argentine "attorney" recently posted that the permanent residency required the visa holder to set foot on Argentine sol only one day in a 24 month period.
out of country for more than 24 month is considered abandonment of permanent residency. that is in the legal code. i read it once. That is totally separate from regulations to apply for citizenship.

gunt86 said:
out of country for more than 24 month is considered abandonment of permanent residency. that is in the legal code. i read it once. That is totally separate from regulations to apply for citizenship.

Thanks, I understand the difference. I also wonder if the application for citizenship is processed by the judiciary rather than migraciones.

steveinbsas said:
Thanks, I understand the difference. I also wonder if the application for citizenship is processed by the judiciary rather than migraciones.
yes, by the judiciary. You must appear before a judge with your petition and proof of meeting the requirements. One of the requirements is to be able to speak and read castellano. The judge will ask you to read from a book or newspaper aloud to prove your ability.

gunt86 said:
yes, by the judiciary. You must appear before a judge with your petition and proof of meeting the requirements. One of the requirements is to be able to speak and read castellano. The judge will ask you to read from a book or newspaper aloud to prove your ability.

Isn't one of the requirements demonstrating financial responsibility? Wouldn't that mean one must have "more" than just a desire to live in Argentina as a citizen?

steveinbsas said:
Isn't one of the requirements demonstrating financial responsibility? Wouldn't that mean one must have "more" than just a desire to live in Argentina as a citizen?
I am confused as to your question. Where in my words do you see the phrase "a desire to live in argentina"? Obviously if a person has attained permanent residency, then the issues of financial responsibly, if relevant, have been demonstrated.
The process isn't that much different from the one the in US. Though of course the US process is incredibly more difficult and much more unfair. Anyway, if you understood the US system of immigration, then you would have a better grasp of the Argentine system.

gunt86 said:
I am confused as to your question. Where in my words do you see the phrase "a desire to live in argentina"?

It wasn't in your words:

Bajo_cero2 said:
You need 2 years of transitory residence for applying for permanent residence, then another 3 years for applying for the citizenship. I wonder, what happens if you stay all this years illegally? You can apply for Argentinian citizenship at a federal court...

...As you can read, in this country you have rights if you are an inhabitant and you have the will to stay and live here, that´s what to be an inhabitant means juridically. Tourist means you want to come back to your country in a couple of days.

Resume: If you have the will to live here, you have the right to stay here.

I asked a lawyer here in Cordoba how to proceed to get citizenship.. He told me you can apply only if you have a permanent residency not before, so for rentistas, after 3 years or more..
Steveinbas, yes I agree, 2500 is not enough to maintain yourself here.. but it was the amount asked by migraciones.. and it is not fair to change the amount 330% from one year to another.. Lots of people have bought flats or houses but don't have such an amount to spend monthly.. particularly if a couple has to justify 16.000 pesos..
What I asked myself was if an amparo can be justified saying you entered the country on certain bases and now it changed totally.
Other thing,I don't agree with you on the tax problem. There is between France and Argentina a fiscal convention which says that argentinians or french have to pay taxes on pensions and rents in the country which pays the pension or for the houses in the country where the houses are.. As long as taxes are regularly paid in France for this type of income, they can't charge you here..
Can Bajo Cero tell us how to contact him ??

Back