New restaurant, need opinions

Steve, without going into details, rest assured that in a couple of months, I know a place you are going to be really, really happy with, food-wise.

Not a sports bar so doesn't address that but your list below hits a lot of what it is going to be... :D

argsteve said:
well as the others said..I think easy GOOD quality food is better than expensive fancy food...I would go with a big hamburger.. try buffalo wings.... chili fries......cheese fries ... chips with guac.... nachos...quesadillas .....make some food with spice!!!!
Can you find a roast beef sandwich.. chicken breast sandwich.... a really kick ass steak sandwich..... good quality....you have good bakery places here but when I get a sandwich it is with the cheap thin bread... buy some nice rolls for steak sandwiches.... dont go cheap on the food.. give me lettace...tomato whatever.... I would rather be charged a few more pesos and get a amazing good sandwich !!
but also have salads and healthy food(for BKK)...... it is going to be hard to make nachos and some mexican but it would be great....and try to find some dressing other than oil and vinegar... like ranch, caesar.... or anything even if you have to make it yourself........ you can still have a couple of good pasta plates and a good steak for the dinner crowd.. but make food good, simple but VERY good quality if possible....

But try to add food people dont see here in Argentina..... the other day I made some people in my apt a grilled cheese sandwich.. the most easy thing to make.. but the argie people where like wow this is great..... there is a lot of stuff people do not know or havent even tried here!!! make a breakfast(serve it late on weekends till 3pm)... try pancakes even if you cant find real syrup...... IF you make pizza put some tomato sauce on it!!!

I think its wonderful you are going to open a place like this- I wont be coming, though.
I dont like sports, or TV's, or classic rock, or nachos.

But since you will be attracting all the "ugly americans", I wont have to put up with their drunken complaining when I am eating in traditional porteno restaurants that do things the argentine way. :D

Actually, I think brits are worse- along about the 8th round of drinks, they tend to make my eating experience less fun.
Maybe you could include some spotted dick and marmite crudites and soggy fish and chips on your menu, and kill two birds with one stone?

I come to argentina to experience argentina, not the Hard Rock Cafe- but, obviously, I am in the minority here.

Ries said:
I think its wonderful you are going to open a place like this- I wont be coming, though.

But since you will be attracting all the "ugly americans", I wont have to put up with their drunken complaining when I am eating in traditional porteno restaurants that do things the argentine way. :D

Actually, I think brits are worse- along about the 8th round of drinks, they tend to make my eating experience less fun.
Maybe you could include some spotted dick and marmite crudites and soggy fish and chips on your menu, and kill two birds with one stone?

I come to argentina to experience argentina, not the Hard Rock Cafe- but, obviously, I am in the minority here.

Wow, look at you? :rolleyes:

Ries said:

Is that a promise?

Ries said:
I dont like sports, or TV's, or classic rock, or nachos...."ugly americans"....with their drunken complaining....I think brits are worse....make my eating experience less fun
Ries said:
obviously, I am in the minority here.

Yep....you're clearly the life and soul of the party and we're all miserable gits.

va2ba - I no longer care what you do with the place, you've got me as a guaranteed customer, as long as Mr Cheerful keeps his promise.....

:)

Ries said:

If you ask nice they might have a knitting night,followed by bible study.

Ries said:
come to argentina to experience argentina, not the Hard Rock Cafe- but, obviously, I am in the minority here.

Thank god for that

Well it is for sure that we do not know exactly what we are doing yet. That is why I am asking for opinions because I know that there are a lot of complaints and comments about food and restaurants

What I am reading is good quality food and some Mexican which is defiantly possible. And I agree on the water and faountain drinks. I will talk about it with my partners.

We already have a location in mind. We are friends with someone who owns a restaurant that is only open from 9-4 during the day. The hope is that he will let us open a different restaurant in the same building at night. So we cannot really change the size or the overall atmosphere now.

The location is in Vicente Lopez (the first zone north of the city) and we are literally 20 meters from the Vicente Lopez train station. We are 4 blocks from the river where you can enjoy the day outside and then come here for dinner and drinks. The 29 bus goes right in front and takes you down to Plaza Italia. There is also a remise agency right across the street that you can use to go home that will be cheaper than taxis.

Is this a location that you would go if you like the restaurant?

Just an FYI, it is not sure thing that we will be able to open, but rest assured, I will let everyone know when we open.

JEWISH DELI!!! Corned beef on rye, coleslaw, dill pickles, black and white cookie, a reasonably priced bagel, turkey sandwich - maybe isn't the onda you were searching for, but I could use a place like this in BA...

Best of luck on your venture, I think B.A. has room for (and the need for) more variety in our dining options.

Hmm, my last post was submitted to a moderator but never posted...no clue why...so if anyone sees another post from me like this, that is why.

I have a question about the location. We already have a building that the owner is hopefully going to let us use.

It is in Vicente Lopez (the first zone north of the city) on Avenida Libatador and we are less than 5 minutes from the Vicente Lopez train station (on the line that goes to Tigre and Retiro). There is no subte access but the 29 bus stops right in front and takes you to Plaza Italia. We are 4 blocks away from the river and Costanera Vicente Lopez so you can spend the day at the river and then dine here afterwards. There is also a remise agency across the street from the restaurant.

What do people think about the location? Will this discourage you from coming?

I personally wouldn't travel from capital to vicente lopez to go to a bar...and I don't know many people who would (at least not on a regular basis). There may be regular buses but depending on where you're located (and where customers live), I don't know many people (either men or women) who'd like the idea of getting on/off at a panamericana stop at night. Taxis are, of course, an option - but they're not cheap from capital to provincia and a few drivers won't cross over.
I know that there are a lot of expats in zona norte but I'm not sure exactly how many - I do know, however, that a lot of families live up there (I don't know if that would be your target). I think if something were to thrive in the provinces, it would probably have to appeal more to Argentines than to expats...

Back