New to BA from California??

SoCalN8tv

Registered
Hello All,
New to Ba from so-cal. I have been here 3 weeks. So far so good. Would be cool to find others that are interested in hanging out? I live in the Las cañitas neighborhood. Near Baez. Message me if you are up for a beer, dinner, clubbing whatever, school doesnt start for a month and looking for other expats to chill with.....thanks

My home phone has a mind of its own, everytime i pick it up some lady starts talking?WTF..... its crazy just cant figure out how to dial a cell number? Apreciate any info......thanks

It's most likely a " Linea Control " meaning you can only make local calls. The recording you are hearing is the phone company telling you how much credit is left on the phone.

Just wait til she finishes talking, dial your eight digit number and press the pound sign.

If it is a control line you won't be able to call cell phone numbers. If you want to call a cell phone you will need to either buy calling cards, go to a locutorio or buy an unlocked cell phone.

Good luck.

SoCalN8tv said:
My home phone has a mind of its own, everytime i pick it up some lady starts talking?WTF..... its crazy just cant figure out how to dial a cell number? Apreciate any info......thanks

You will not be able to call cell phones using this line. It sound like a plan familar that gives x amount of credit per month, but only for local calls to other land lines. The recording is probably telling you how much credit you have left (in pesos) until the end of the month or the next billing cycle begins.

I am also as an implant here, i have been here in Buenos Aires many times but now live here. I would love to network with others especially students and see what the situation is like as i might start at UBA soon. Im 29 guy from boston and can manage very well here , i'm fluent both languages. If you want to cause rukuss im up for that ....hahaha, me dejas saber

beso....feel free to PM

lmao

men should not sign off with " beso " when addressing other men. wtf ? Would you actually sign out with " kisses " if you were in the States ?

alexfromla said:
lmao

men should not sign off with " beso " when addressing other men. Wtf ? Would you actually sign out with " kisses " if you were in the states ?

........lol

I think that you should reffer to a map and use it as a reference as to where we are located. I think that you will find significnat distance from the USA, and if you dont like it I'm sure you can just as easily go back if you cant adapt to the customs....and i didnt know if this person was guy or girl....so but out

I know that there is duff beer for sale her in buenos aires. does anyone know where to buy it so that i may take some back to USA to my closest simpsons fans, or do they only serve while at the bar??

Back