New to BA, looking to hang out

We just arrived to BA on Saturday and plan on living here for a year. We are both high school art teachers in the states (Chicago) and are here to improve our Spanish and work on our artwork. We are hoping to meet locals and expats to hang out with and explore BA with. We are 30 and 29, currently living in San Telmo. Gracias!

Hi all,
I'm here since March this year and besides working I haven't done much so far. Just been to some restaurants or Pubs after work. I'm 26 and from Germany. I would also like to meet some new people and as we're more or less all the same age, it should be possible to start something. Anyone got an idea?
Regards, Oliver

so we should definitely do something since everyones interested. Whats everyone want to do? go out on the town? go out for dinner? both??

Hey Melissa, and anyone else, interested in going to either Asia de Cuba or Opera Bay in Puerto Madero on Saturday? If so, I'd like to get there what portenos would consider somewhat early to avoid waiting in line outside (as I have not yet rid myself of some princess tendencies). What do you think?
:)Kat

hey kat! that sounds kool, do you know the cover charge for the opera bay?? Anyways here is my cell phone number 1564412595 you can call or text me and maybe you could tell me about what time you will be there and stuff. Hopefully we can get a nice size Group going! Lets keep this rolling. P.S. If your not sure how to call the cell phone number or if you cant get a hold of me email me at [email protected] .

I think the cover charge for opera bay is 30 pesos, is anyone up for pool sometime during the week?

Hi All - Hubby and I (early 30's) love to dine out, as we don't have a kitchen right now. We all eat, so let's set a date and time and we can all meet up. We've been here a almost 9 months so we can play tour guide, well, sort of.
There is a huge bar for pool and bowling on Costanera (I think that's how you spell it) and next to it is a Karting track. We love going there, even in the cold. We're always lookingor a challenge:) If anyone's interested in that - super!
Oh, Melissa, the great thing about being an expat, is when you go to a club, you go up the front and ask the guy loudly in perfect English "Which line do I get in?", he'll most likely let you right in. It's worked for us many times. See you all soon....

I'm going to have to try that club line trick. Thanks for the heads up. In the mean time, I'm always up for going out and meeting new people. I've been living here for two years full time and hanging out here for more than eight.

Back